What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Shuttle day at Mt Buller with @fjohn860 and @americo dias. Somehow managed to not catch any rain throughout the day, and even more surprisingly in the occasionally sloppy conditions - managed to keep it rubber side down. I would've made @frenchman proud by having all the gear but still riding like a Jerry all day though. I called it about 2:30pm because my legs had lost interest in supporting me, and the cramp life was real (quads). Fitness is still a way off where it will be in time, but overall still had a great time and it was mint to get up the high country again (fuck yeah graaaaaavityyyyyyyy!). BlueDirt were on it with the shuttles today too, only had to wait for a few minutes once.

Obligatory "oops, forgot to take a picture" end of ride pic:
62048F23-D9A0-418B-87CC-42FD6DAE1AC2.jpeg

Last edited:

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Ran after my son as he rode down Old Skool and then Cackler/Excavation/Drift at Black Hill. He walked some of it, but gave a few features a go that normally rattle him.
He was really happy with his efforts and this Mum was rather proud.
The youngest tore around the skills track and pump track in a onesie and a full face helmet.
View attachment 398787
View attachment 398788
race one-piece... so pro :D

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Shuttle day at Mt Buller with @fjohn860 and @americo dias. Somehow managed to not catch any rain throughout the day, and even more surprisingly in the occasionally sloppy conditions - managed to keep it rubber side down. I would've made @frenchman proud by having all the gear but still riding like a Jerry all day though. I called it about 2:30pm because my legs had lost interest in supporting me, and the cramp life was real (quads). Fitness is still a way off where it will be in time, but overall still had a great time and it was mint to get up the high country again (fuck yeah graaaaaavityyyyyyyy!). BlueDirt were on it with the shuttles today too, only had to wait for a few minutes once.

Obligatory "oops, forgot to take a picture" end of ride pic:
View attachment 398797
Yah, it was a great day. Coil kit performed admirably and I didn't axe myself so thumbs up from me.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was too busy puffing to talk much. Were you at top of Lactic? Beardy bloke?
Yeah that was me. I also think you rode past as me as I was packing the car to go home at the end.
Heard some bloke call out "catch you Moorey".

How'd your day go? Based on the radio chatter there was some carnage on the other tracks

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah that was me. I also think you rode past as me as I was packing the car to go home at the end.
Heard some bloke call out "catch you Moorey".

How'd your day go? Based on the radio chatter there was some carnage on the other tracks
Cheers for your work.
Without a 50+ class, I wasn’t expecting much, but very happy with 9th of 28 in 40+, not far off top 5. Oddly though, would have been second in 30+, and only 3 seconds off the win. Go figure.
Awesome day all round, as always with the Youies races.

Last edited:

ausdb

Being who he is
Not much riding for me lately due to an errant Fwit running into the back of me a month or so back, but bargain basement parts shopping for the latest basket case will do to pass the time.
Brand new second hand group / build kit from @Litenbror arrived Friday plus a few extras from the LBS's yesterday.
DSC_2994-picsay.jpg

The right shock extension to make the fork fit from an extremely helpful Spesh dealer, Fwit version on the right.
DSC_2995-picsay.jpg

And a little mucking around with the latest basket case, probably about time to start a PYR for it.
DSC_2999-picsay.jpg

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Did some electric cruising. The staff at Handlebar loved the bikes and took some pics as did a random roadie who saw us taking this pic on the way there. He said he had some mates who had some weird bikes, and proceeded to show us a video of a bike that was also a bong a Repco renamed Ripcone. It had internal routing and water in the seat tube. He took mates card to give to the mates with the weird bikes. He was on a custom painted Chinese carbon roadie. All within 4km of my house. I love Canberra.

20230416_222654.jpg

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Is that one of those BikeYoke Sagma saddles with the elastomer mounts? Thoughts?
Sure is. Love it. Been using since Dec 21. Don’t notice the saddle moving and yet to try the other elastomers in the box. Shape suits my backside really well and it is just super comfy. Similar to Ergon but shorter nose.