What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
The new V3 models are stunning. I'll sell frame only and see if anything takes my fancy. I know it's blasphemy among these parts to even think such a thing, but one can have too many bikes!
I really like mine, but don’t have much to compare it to as it’s my first FS bike. I’m half thinking of parting it out to move the frame on if I don’t get to do much riding this year with 3 kids and picking something else up down the track

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I really like mine, but don’t have much to compare it to as it’s my first FS bike. I’m half thinking of parting it out to move the frame on if I don’t get to do much riding this year with 3 kids and picking something else up down the track
It's difficult when there's little to compare it to. Banshee bikes ride very well. There's always something else that's better of course, but a lot that's worse and it can be galling to sell a decent bike for something "better" only to find after new bike stoke wears off it's actually no better, and maybe worse.

The V3 is current / modern and well designed. Unless you're unhappy with it, hold on and see how much riding you fit in.
With young kids its very hard I know.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
20230128_161819.jpg

First local ride of 2023. Bit of a weird one, maybe the endless berm roller-coasters of Nelson or probably the best riding conditions I've seen at Rotorua have munted my abilities to handle tech as I'm not sure I've had more saves and general "nfi how I didn't eat shit there" (it was the bike) for a while.

On the plus side, despite it being a bit warm and about 9000% humidity I rode for ages. So my riding skills are crap but my fitness is great (for me). Do I get a road bike now?

nathanm

Eats Squid
Ask @nathanm for a deal on these?
Cheers @beeb I'll chuck you 10% commission if they buy :D

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
It's difficult when there's little to compare it to. Banshee bikes ride very well. There's always something else that's better of course, but a lot that's worse and it can be galling to sell a decent bike for something "better" only to find after new bike stoke wears off it's actually no better, and maybe worse.

The V3 is current / modern and well designed. Unless you're unhappy with it, hold on and see how much riding you fit in.
With young kids its very hard I know.
I’m planning to keep it even if it does sit on the wall for a bit but if I really don’t ride it it’s better to move it on. Having another set of wheels should help so I’m not having to swap between it and the Honzo to get out for a ride

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Just a bit of added expert fuckwittery solely on my part. I need to include this as an important community service of empirical evidence showing the difference between getting bitten by flat pedal pins vs. SPDs.

The steps as follows:
Stop on trail as a large spider web was across it. Put bike down and grab a stick to remove the web.

Pick up bike now which is on the side of the trail but the grass is a bit higher handily hiding a brick sized rock in front of the wheel. Jump on bike and give it a solid crank with the pedal in the 1 o'clock position with the opposing rock easily winning this physics battle.

Wonder how you made your own personal almost OTB yeeharrr move and ding your shins and bruise up your ankle in one go. Fit in another lap and call it even :)

20230131_173016.jpg

crash3

Likes Dirt
The wife has COVID, so been entertaining miss 3 all day. Once the temp cooled down in the arvo, chucked the macride on the bike and hyped her up for a loop.

Got us both helmeted, all saddled up, and one of the dogs bit my one ride old Kenda Booster Pro on the rear. Tore through the sidewall.
Not sure which dog it was, but the one that still has his balls is going to lose them.
Replacement tyre arrived today, along with a water bottle and a spare derailleur hanger.
Miss 3 and I have had the covids since Friday, will replace when 30 mins of standing up doesn't exhaust me.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Replacement tyre arrived today, along with a water bottle and a spare derailleur hanger.
Miss 3 and I have had the covids since Friday, will replace when 30 mins of standing up doesn't exhaust me.
Get well soon @crash3! That sounds sucky.

And @Mr Crudley, ooft... That looks like it smarted. You know it's been a solid shinning when you get the lumpy swelling like that.:confused:

ausdb

Being who he is
I had a few days down south with the family and had been browsing marketplace fakebook and saw a Scott kids bike advertised not far from where we were staying, I thought I'd have a look as Miss 7 is in need of a new bike as she has outgrown hers and Mr 11 does not want to hand down his old Superfly 20 to her (which would be perfect) as she wants me to repaint it "fairy floss blue with pink highlights" and it is "his bike he got for his birthday" {a while ago now}.
I managed to make a time to have a look before we headed home today, the pic and the description in the ad weren't the best and I thought it was a 20" but when we arrived it turned out be a Roxter with 24 x 2.6 plus tyres. It needs a bit of TLC and new tyres but I couldn't argue when the lady dropped the price from $150 to $120. MIss 7 seemed happy so now I need to get to work and try not to go too overboard with it, I've already got an 8 speed Acolyte drive train I had planned for the superfly. I also need to decide if I keep it rigid with the plus tyres or go narrower with the aim of fitting a suspension fork later.

Has anyone wet painted anodised aluminium before, not really sure on what sort of prep it will need.

I should also make a placeholder in the Fwits thread for when I find a cheap 27.2 external dropper and try to turn down the body to fit the 26.8 seat tube o_O

Roxter.jpg