What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Clockwise is the only way to ride it IMO, I have probably ridden it up to 100 times (not too many times in the last few years), used to do it 3 times a week.

As soon as the river trail went in, I don't reckon I rode it anti-clockwise ever again.
River Trail isn't on Trailforks, so I stayed on Wattle. Where does the River Trail exit?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
River Trail isn't on Trailforks, so I stayed on Wattle. Where does the River Trail exit?
You rode the good bit but I would say it was very overgrown.

I used to run over a RBB occasionally in the same spot, he seen me coming more often than not and moved but I was cautious of him after steam rolling him for the second time in the same spot.

You can continue along the creek but it means a river crossing, good at this time of year but not a winter option as the river is too high to get over dry, the trail then meets up with Gunners Run. The extension across the river and up to Gunners is technically a walking only trail AFAIK.

fsdgsdgsdfgsd.jpg

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I had a random call from a skate mate from up the coast that they were hitting Stromlo, thought why not. They were on ebikes but thanks to my local crew's 50th b'day present I now have a 10 shuttle pass for Stromlo so used one.

Took it easy, down the front but it chucked me off pretty hard. Drop off half way down Luge, I've pinned it about 60 times before, today my front washed out and had an OTB bodyslam.

Got some #ElbowPadRegret right now, about to get in the shower. Bruised ribs and other bits, knee pads worked. Rode out, not slow but impeded, can't let it get you.

View attachment 395778
Did myself a whoopsies!
Stacked it into a pile of fallen trees and broke my ankle.
Can't finish the year any lower, onwards and upwards for next year lol
Yikes fellas, heal up fast!

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Yesterday, but didn't have coverage to post... New Dirt for me, hit up Colquhoun trails near Lakes Entrance while travelling for the break. Had ment to check it out last year but it was too bloody hot when I was in the area...

Anyway, good classic pretty natural feel XC stuff, a lot like Forrest in a way. Good use of natural obstacles, with very little in the way of features that look like they've been built just for the hell of it. In fact the vast majority of built features are bridges across gullies, and those that aren't bridged are armoured, and that's the extent of surface topping. It's not a place where you need a lot of bike; hardtail or short squishy is best choice of weapon; 120mm travel is ample. My little Anthem is right in its element here. :D
IMG_20221229_124032~3.jpg

And there are other little funkies scattered around to catch the alert eye....

Best use for Avid rotors.....
IMG_20221229_130141~2.jpg

And these critters in a hollow tree stump. This is just a few of them....!
IMG_20221229_131104~2.jpg

IMG_20221229_131113~2.jpg

IMG_20221229_131123~2.jpg

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Screen Shot 2022-12-31 at 10.49.34 am.jpg

Managed a nice solo loop at 0630 this morning before the family woke up. I've got an interesting work situation lined up for 2023 that will have me living in Hobart but working part time in Hobart and Melbourne. So I've officially unretired the Yeti for Hobart duties, the Specialized will stay in Melbourne where nobody can judge me.

The Yeti will need some TLC as despite 9 months without use none of it's wounds have healed. I'm pretty sure the parts on it are close to 20,000km by the time they have been put on a few different builds. The first problem to fix will be the brakes which need a fluid top up every few weeks of use. Might need a 180mm front rotor and a dropper for Hobart compatibility.

Good to be back on the Yeti, it really is a superb bicycle.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not bad but a lot of work. The stems can be a bit bitter.
Can you eat them in similar fashion as other artichokes?

I'm fresh back from my last ride for the year and probably for the next couple of months. I did the local xc loop (very out of character) and nailed the dreaded snakes and ladders clean. I haven't done much cardio for a long time so I was feeling the burn by the top! Then a few laps of the nearly dead dirt lumps and back home for a 10 hour shift.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It's an artichoke thistle, Cyanara cardunculus. The wild form of your cardoon and globe artichoke.
I have chipped and sprayed thousands of them.
People just make it out of what they can get theirs hands on, but the original plant is the thistle. I'd say it would have been the local diet during the wartime era in southern Italy, when food was scarce.

The cardoon most often consumed in Sicily is the cynara cardunculus, which is indeed closely related to the artichoke, cynara scolymus. The leaves and stalks of the two plants are nearly identical; it's the flowers that are different. Artichokes are harvested in late autumn and again in early spring, but the cardoon stalk is usually picked once annually, beginning in early December.

http://www.bestofsicily.com/mag/art332.htm

Flow-Rider

Burner
Can you eat them in similar fashion as other artichokes?

I'm fresh back from my last ride for the year and probably for the next couple of months. I did the local xc loop (very out of character) and nailed the dreaded snakes and ladders clean. I haven't done much cardio for a long time so I was feeling the burn by the top! Then a few laps of the nearly dead dirt lumps and back home for a 10 hour shift.
Some people eat the flower part, but you generally only eat the stalks, I've only eaten them fried and bread crumbed, but people make soups and all types of other things from them. The storks are worth $70 USD a bunch in the US.