What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
After a couple of nights terrible sleep between kids and the frigging cat chasing a mouse around the house, was out not long after dawn.
A couple of trips up Gunjin - with a decent amount of walking - and hitting one of the descents better than I have before, I felt really confident going down. While I’d love to credit it to me, I wore my prescription sunnies for the first time riding - I think that had a lot to do with it. My eyesight has been going to shit recently!
Also tweaked my forks back to the recommended Suntour settings and backing off the rebound on my shock, think that’s helped on the downs too.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I dodged all those Lycra clad dudes this morning and tried to get sendy myself up at Maldon. Found out that my Proframe is very good at its job. It is no more.
Is the rest of you okay?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Is the rest of you okay?
We’ll I spent a good few minutes making those weird gasping noises. Thought my ribs were toast but they’re fine. But shoulder took most of the impact from a 2m drop onto rock but I’m pretty sure it’s not broken. Couldn’t get my bike on or off the rack though. I’ll see how it goes over the next few days but suspect it’s just severely bruised. Split my forehead open somehow too.
As I’m lying there trying to get my breath I notice my mates bike has dropped its chain.
When he went to grab it realised it ripped the whole rear mech off just before I did a super man impression.
It was the kangaroos fault. 110 on the Calder a roo jumps out and I had no choice but to drive over old skip. Not much damage to the bumper which had just been replaced from the last too I hit! I should have have known then it was a bad ju ju omen and turned straight around!!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
We’ll I spent a good few minutes making those weird gasping noises. Thought my ribs were toast but they’re fine. But shoulder took most of the impact from a 2m drop onto rock but I’m pretty sure it’s not broken. Couldn’t get my bike on or off the rack though. I’ll see how it goes over the next few days but suspect it’s just severely bruised. Split my forehead open somehow too.
As I’m lying there trying to get my breath I notice my mates bike has dropped its chain.
When he went to grab it realised it ripped the whole rear mech off just before I did a super man impression.
It was the kangaroos fault. 110 on the Calder a roo jumps out and I had no choice but to drive over old skip. Not much damage to the bumper which had just been replaced from the last too I hit! I should have have known then it was a bad ju ju omen and turned straight around!!
Fark, what a day… :(

Hope the shoulder comes good without intervention.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We’ll I spent a good few minutes making those weird gasping noises. Thought my ribs were toast but they’re fine. But shoulder took most of the impact from a 2m drop onto rock but I’m pretty sure it’s not broken. Couldn’t get my bike on or off the rack though. I’ll see how it goes over the next few days but suspect it’s just severely bruised.
Ouch!

Make sure you get that checked. If you've lost any function it may be more meaningful damage done.

Hopefully it's nothing a little rest and time sorts out.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
That sounds very unpleasant mate…..I pulled an ooooohhhh face reading it! Fingers crossed it’s soft tissue only and heals quickly. Rest up.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks mate. That’s MTBing I guess. I’m just counting my blessings my missus wasn’t pissed off! :D That would of hurt more.
Hope it's alright mate.
When I broke my collarbone, I still rode home. Fair to say the wrath of the missus hurt more haha.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I dodged all those Lycra clad dudes this morning and tried to get sendy myself up at Maldon. Found out that my Proframe is very good at its job. It is no more.
Sound like quite a day.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Actually rode it - went to take the roadie out, noticed the rear was a bit flat. started to pump it up, pushed the valve through the tube itself and it went flat.
Should have changed the 10+ year old tubes when I did the tyres I guess.

So took the trail bike out instead, only 5 or so k's, but some big hills, it felt good to exert myself after being sick for a month.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Third ride on my new bike today. First two rides were concerning, just didn’t get a good feel on how it handled.
Upped the fork to 170, changed the stem (40 to 42.5mm length…Don’t think for a second I can feel that 2.5mm it’s just that’s all that was available) and bars and it started to gel today.
Carries speed very well in the corners. More to come.