What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

link1896

Mr Greenfield
It’s fun isn’t it. Clearly all involved in the design were concerned with real life practicalities like fitting the bastards.

Seven different ways the cables can route, two will crush cables, and one way is just kinda ok.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Lovely weather tonight, took daughter out for the old Tuesday night ride at lysty.

That's the end of the spider xvp! It's hard a good life, can now retire and watch the world go by from the comfort of the garage wall

Daughter has a bit of a sore ankle, but otherwise seems ok. She hit a stump and went a over t, new nickname is stumpy

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Lovely weather tonight, took daughter out for the old Tuesday night ride at lysty.

That's the end of the spider xvp! It's hard a good life, can now retire and watch the world go by from the comfort of the garage wall

Daughter has a bit of a sore ankle, but otherwise seems ok. She hit a stump and went a over t, new nickname is stumpy

Glad she’s okay Plank. That’s more that can be said for the bike!*

*Ask for warranty perhaps?:p

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Glad she’s okay Plank. That’s more that can be said for the bike!*

*Ask for warranty perhaps?:p
It's only ...17 years old? And second hand. And already had a crack repaired at the seat tube. And was violently crashed into a tree stump.

Fuck it, I'll ask them

In all honesty, finding that damage was a high point. She lit up when I started carrying on about how gnarly she'd smashed the thing up and that she's now got some wall art to be proud of forever

link1896

Mr Greenfield

It’s a right of passage to go over the bars in the dark at Lystie. The memories will stay with her forever. Is she ok?

My OTB at the top of comm games when I touched the wet grass was horrific. I had NFI where the ground was, gave myself concussion. Lights went out. Taught me to have a spare torch in the pack.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Was your daughter the pilot? That's a mighty fine effort and brings a tear to my intense loving eyes.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click

Garage? Surely the frame can have pride of place on her bedroom wall?

Glad she's ok. New helmet time too?

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
Put my sons marzocchi z2 forks and his new boost front wheel... his bike feels so much lighter that is an improvement in itself. the fork feels a LOT nicer than his old bottom of the barrel sr suntour xcm (no rebound adjustment, just coil preload).

My bike gets a new chain tomorrow. :D

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Another night ride at Kalamunda last night.

Almost didn’t go. Have really ratcheted up k’s on the bike this week, and had already done 100km since Saturday from barely averaging 20km a week for the year to date and minimal since Covid in August. Been feeling really tired all week as a result of the extra riding plus some running to get ready for summer footy season.

And somehow I rode better than I have all year. Felt stronger on the climbs than I have in a long time (even nailed a PB up Gunjin) and even more locked in on the downhills. Didn’t wear the knee and elbow pads I usually put on for night riding so maybe it was like Kickboxer where Kurt had the glass embedded gloves cut off and started smashing Tong Po.

Anyway, did the 20km group ride and then kicked on for an extra 5km to get k’s up for the Great Cycle Challenge.

Shameless plug, donate here: https://greatcyclechallenge.com.au/Riders/BrettAshby

Just got back in time for the end of the bbq and had a visit from a local
Quenda. Ripper of an evening.

446ED0F2-7327-4D49-A5BD-6BC8A717E897.jpeg

B421BD59-7885-458E-9058-771F6B8B60A4.jpeg

3B9831BF-A64E-4EC5-976B-7ECA9B80D283.jpeg

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
This morning was one of the more enjoyable solo rides I’ve done. Headed out first thing to the Bickley Resevoir to do a bit of exploring and to try and find an old DH track I did one of my first races on. 45.7km of early morning riding in beautiful weather.

8BAC949A-CF09-4CB9-990A-66638988F50F.jpeg

First section off bitumen was a smooth gravel with some great views across a small valley.

90DF8EA7-79AE-40ED-8BB0-1D2B5C752960.jpeg

615546A3-F37A-49FA-8E67-C4D7B805699B.jpeg

16ABA091-E1AF-415B-9D1A-4F6987CE58A2.jpeg

Then I found this chunky Roman road. Well I assume it was built by the Romans, my knowledge of history isn’t great. But there was a fairly long section where stones had been deliberately placed.

0061EA1A-F3C1-42D0-AEB6-FAACBDCCA300.jpeg

Then I found some parts of the old DH race track. This was where I did one of my first ever downhill races roughly around 1994/95. I was riding a fully rigid Kojima with cantilever brakes at the time. Cool to be back riding it on a rigid bike, albeit with disc brakes and wider bars. Was nowhere near riding at a race pace but had an absolute blast and started remembering the different techniques I used to ride with compared to now on a full banger. Was pretty rocky but not overly difficult, although there were a few sections that got very steep and left me wishing for the brown cranks. Photos don’t really do it justice but it was way to steep to ride up (or even comfortably walk up).

733FE085-DBB5-4C0E-8D10-E80ED22AAD39.jpeg

76162019-1965-4DC3-BEA4-0C23F9910D95.jpeg

0B0B22DD-7FF8-4E6E-8940-9E4CA89FC620.jpeg

1648CF0D-2EF0-459B-B623-EE84519A1B37.jpeg

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No photos unfortunately but my buddies and I hit up You Yangs for the first time in a while, at least for me. Cressy has been refurbished and is running mint, especially after some overnight rains. The last tabletop is probably my favourite jump now.

Thankfully no spills, only a few class action cases and loads of good times.

Watch out for the mosquitoes thought, they're huge and furiously insistent.