What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Picked another dose of NoVid up somewhere at the weekend, started losing my voice on Sunday, sore throat, barking cough and splitting headache. Still not feeling 100% but throat is improving and cough subsiding so I may be out the other side.

Been doing some bikey stuff between painkillers, online browsing and sofa time over the last few days.

Pedal rebuilding... why the f%#k do they keep breaking RHS pedals and adding more to the Time ATAC graveyard.

20220829_171708.jpg

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Pedal rebuilding... why the f%#k do they keep breaking RHS pedals and adding more to the Time ATAC graveyard.
Fixing pedals is a unique way to recover!
I hope it makes you feel a bit better but they sure look like they are scheming ready to add some frustration :D

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Picked another dose of NoVid up somewhere at the weekend, started losing my voice on Sunday, sore throat, barking cough and splitting headache. Still not feeling 100% but throat is improving and cough subsiding so I may be out the other side.

Been doing some bikey stuff between painkillers, online browsing and sofa time over the last few days.

View attachment 392467
Time to re-thread an old set of DS cranks for them to use up all the spare left pedals.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

View attachment 392467
You need some of the old Atac Z pedals. Which I happen to have. Pm to deal.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Fkn rode my bike. For the first time in months. Actually off road. On actual trails!

Did a breathtaking 10kms.

A few things to take away from the ride are:

• Fitness is MIA, although managed the shitty fire road climb without stopping.
  • The $90 Chinese hub I bought didn't explode.
  • Mostly not a fan of the changes to Cressy Descent, but I'm more of a wheels on ground, natural single track kinda guy.
  • As @Jpez told me, it is like a "countrywide kangaroo convention" at the You Yangs at the moment. Never seen so many.
  • Riding bikes is RAD!
IMG_20220831_203515.jpg

Compress_20220831_203654_4574.jpg

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
You need some of the old Atac Z pedals. Which I happen to have. Pm to deal.
I have a better temporary solution but I might get back to you at some stage.

I'm putting both of them on Shimano for their Trail/Enduro bikes. That's where 80% of the damage comes from and will save me a bucket-O-cash on Time cleats :D

Time to transition them away from the suckling pig into young independent adults where a set of $20 cleats 2-3 times a year is out of the question.

crash3

Likes Dirt

View attachment 392467
I have two sets of clip-ins (with clips) you can have for free if you like. Another set without too. PM if you want them

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
IMG_20220901_153055821~2.jpg

Fixed up the old Rotorburn enabled shed bike...ready for the Tour de Gorge this weekend in the Pilliga with The Lad and his 'new' bike. Should do the 12 km of the short ride no worries!
IMG_20220831_163517608~2.jpg

...and here's The Lad's 'new' ride. He's not going to be on this too long at 12.5 years and 172 cm, so I may be on the lookout for a large 29er hardtail soonish!

Last edited:

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Got out for a lunchtime spin on the roadie at the third time of asking - chain snapped first time and then the breakaway rivet came apart yesterday. A quick link did the trick
About 25km at an average of slightly above 25km/h is more than I expected after not riding a bike for 4 weeks, and my roadie since May according to Strava.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Wanted to try the Intend fork on the Madonna so did a quick front end swap (fork, wheel, brakes in one assembly). Looks better on this bike imo than the Kenevo. Also went to swap out the rear wheel (matchy matchy and all) so figured I'd give the hub a freshen up...no dice.

Driver was stuck in the hub (Onyx Vesper). mmmm this can only go one way and it is the way of the hammer. The sprags eventually released their grip on the driver then chose to leave their residence inside the hub onto the floor! A while ago Onyx updated their driver as some people found they could overpower the locking action of the sprags with their huge watt bomb quads combined with a flexing driver. This would result in a large cracking sound and zero drive until you back pedaled to reset the sprags and all returned to normal. This happened a few times to me and they sent me an updated driver and all has been good for about 12 months. Unfortunately what seems to have happened is that the stress of too many watt bombs and the cracking/no drive scenario has created microcracks and over time the sprags have completely broken....hence the driver not coming out of the hub. The hub was still working but there was a small amount of binding that has built up over time but not enough for me to investigate earlier apparently. To Onyx credit they are covering it under warranty.

So...29x2.4 WTB Vigilante on the front on a carbon WAO rim and a 29x2.6 Specialized Eliminator on the rear on a aluminium Roval rim with cushcore. Moto style!! Looks odd but bike felt sensational lol. Even PB'd a DH trail.

Intend fork is sublime.