What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Should be for the YKYGOW thread but highlight of my Friday is a new work top on my garage bench, deepening it by 200mm which will allow a flipped bike to fit on it now. Now 1150 deep and 2200 long :)

View attachment 392517

Just after I finished the bench and painting the kitchen ceiling, I was feeling a bit light headed, was thinking it was because the missus hasn't fed me adequately today. Lucky my visit to Bunnings was a drive-thru to the tradie area, loaded the Form Ply and a contactless checkout using a picture of the barcode.
Been managing a ride most days this week with my 'NoVid'.
Missus says take another RAT from a different brand JIC.

View attachment 392518
That doesn't make for a good friday night!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
More fucking rain...We were supposed to be at a junior funduro meet at Dungog, but cancelled for the 3927th time due to rain!
might be a good day to build a wheel for Lil'shredding unit No.1.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It’s changing to 5 days ISO from next week I think.

No ISO over there? Yikes. I don’t read/watch the news so first I have heard of it.
Changes to 5 days from the 9th of Sept here. Shit rules... apart from a bit of phlegm, I have no symptoms on my 1st day of iso.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
More fucking rain...We were supposed to be at a junior funduro meet at Dungog, but cancelled for the 3927th time due to rain!
might be a good day to build a wheel for Lil'shredding unit No.1.
Yep...the Tour de Gorge in the Pilliga was knocked on the head first thing this morning. They had a record 120 participants registered to do it too. It would have been muddy regardless but access to Pilliga Pottery was apparently a bit too treacherous this morning...and it's still raining.

ozzybmx

Race To The Rock kicked off at 6am from the Sydney Opera House, dry start, now getting absolutely pelted.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
What I did to my bike yesterday.

Finally had a few minutes to wash the Melrose mud off and change the 30t back to 34t.

Or so I thought.

As I pulled up at the shed door Friday arvo I thought the rear felt a bit squishy. I'll fix it over the weekend. It hissed when I rolled it out today, turns out Stan's Race struggles to seal holes with two inch nails still in them.

Was a learning opportunity though as I've never used a tyre plug. Glad it wasn't a race scenario as it's a bit of a pain, but I managed to get it in. I have no idea if it's sealed. After two years the bloody rim tape lifted. Pulled it all apart, gave it all good wash and headed inside to do the right thing and knock together a new flat pack kitchen cupboard for Mrs George.

Which of course didn't fit. I then spent the next four hours 'helping' her figure it out. By helping I mean sitting there acting as a sounding board as she scrolled through websites.

So really, all I did with my bike yesterday was pull the rear wheel apart.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Got out on the Prime for the first time in 6 weeks and bloody hell did I need it.
Arranged to do the morning with the fam then head out for a solo loop. 15km ride, no fitness.
Surprised myself by PRing a trail I’ve ridden about 50 times before, then started up Gunjin. Made it most of the way then had to walk a bit cos I was starting to feel like a trail side spew.
Dodged that, had a breather at the top then made a move down the hill to the car
Solid hit out, needed some space to clear my head. Riding really is the best medicine

ozzybmx

Was a learning opportunity though as I've never used a tyre plug. Glad it wasn't a race scenario as it's a bit of a pain, but I managed to get it in. I have no idea if it's sealed.
What plugs ? I've used a few different ones but went back to the cheap bacon strips. If the hole is too big for one, jam a second in there, too big again, go 3.
Inflate an old tyre on an old rim and have a family plugg'n session ;) Cheap as chips off Ali.

Kit

Plugs