What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Look for a 2017-19 XTC. XLs seem to come up every now and then.

I had a Superfly SS in 2015/16 when I was in London, that was a really fun bike and I’d have one again in a heartbeat. Not sure the SS ever made it to Aus but I think the geared ones had the same “stranglehold” sliding dropouts.

View attachment 388944
Would have to strip that back to raw lest people think I was riding a Yeti!

Did they do a carbon-frame version? I'm thinking fair weight-weenie spec.

Thanks though, I'll add it to the watchlist...

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Would have to strip that back to raw lest people think I was riding a Yeti!

Did they do a carbon-frame version? I'm thinking fair weight-weenie spec.

Thanks though, I'll add it to the watchlist...
Yeah colour was rude AF but it was the years of fluoro everything. There wasn’t a carbon Superfly by this point, I think the Procaliber was out so the SF was alloy only from memory. But it was a nice frame, the rigid fork was full carbon so that was a sub-10kg build above.

beeb

I'd love a Spot Rocker, but can't justify ~$3k for a hardtail SS frame I'll really only ride occasionally.

beeb

See when theyre getting stock?

I know, steel is heavy etc but c’mon man, it’ll still build up lightish with decent parts.
If I'm going to convince myself to go uphill on an SS, it's gonna need to be really light. No dice (PS: Your BMX background is showing... :p).

safreek

Went into the city via train to get a check-up on the bung wrist.. all good so far. Then bumped into one of @safreek's freestyle freedom fighter mates riding one of those weirdass bikes that has a wheel barrow type setup upfront for your dog to sit in. Cute pup, shame about the whack job steering the ship.
View attachment 388945
I'm not actually opposed to helmets as people think. When I hit up the city I put one on, especially Brisbane as the cops are helmet Nazis:mad: but also because there are too many concretey bits to hit.
When I hit a solid section of riding in the bush I put one on, then when just toodling along single trackey bits or basic tracks I go nude nut. I never encourage others to emulate my hero status though

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I'd love a Spot Rocker, but can't justify ~$3k for a hardtail SS frame I'll really only ride occasionally.
There's a bloke selling a steel Rocker in Vic but its an 17.5" (Med) and the reach is short.

Its had a price drop from $2850 to $1950. A decent buy with 240 hubs, Middleburn cranks and a few other nice parts.

ARSE - Australian Recreational Singlespeed Enthusiasts.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's a bloke selling a steel Rocker in Vic but its an 17.5" (Med) and the reach is short.

Its had a price drop from $2850 to $1950. A decent buy with 240 hubs, Middleburn cranks and a few other nice parts.

ARSE - Australian Recreational Singlespeed Enthusiasts.

That’s a tidy rig

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went across to support the wife at the Bendigo 3hr women's event.

Managed a front wheel flat on the second lap
Dropper started not going up on its own
Chain end plate cracked and somehow didn't come off

Of course idiot me bought everything to rebuild the entire bike except for a spare chain link and tyre plugs. Luckily scrounged and begged through the pits and got it all going again.

I swear I looked over the bike and made sure it was all good the day before

Still, great event, great turnout, and still managed to bring home second place in the 3hr solo category.