What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Went across to support the wife at the Bendigo 3hr women's event.

Managed a front wheel flat on the second lap
Dropper started not going up on its own
Chain end plate cracked and somehow didn't come off

Of course idiot me bought everything to rebuild the entire bike except for a spare chain link and tyre plugs. Luckily scrounged and begged through the pits and got it all going again.

I swear I looked over the bike and made sure it was all good the day before

Still, great event, great turnout, and still managed to bring home second place in the 3hr solo category.

Long course or short course?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Bike shop called me today to advise my Santa Cruz Hightower warranty frame has finally arrived. It came without a shock which I knew was the case however there are none in country anywhere and the earliest estimated arrival date is August! Plenty of time to get the frame wrapped I guess.
Did they supply the new 2022/23 frame ?

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Long course or short course?
Long course. It was more of a fun event, but we used it to try out some nutrition strategies for her to see how she went with a 3hr ride. Only frustrating part was the walk back around on the second lap due to the blowout, everything else went great. Well, other than the chain, but it held on

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Second ride today on the short legged Katipo. Very much enjoying the smaller wheels. I think I'll keep them around!

Managed to fit the ride in between showers, perfect timing!

I had the 165mm CNC cranks and the Chromag pedals back on.

Just waiting on the wheels and I'll be installing the TRP brakes and that'll be about it... :p

ozzybmx

Dodged the rain for a quick night ride while the kids had swimming. Bloody cold though. Been spoiled with all the mild evenings until now.
Same here was bloody cold tonight, first time its felt cold this year. Forecast has some parts of SA sub zero tonight.

Luckily I cleaned the gutters today, went for a ride and walked the mutt... because this wet stuff fell from the sky, I suspect its that stuff you Easterners call rain.

ozzybmx

Oh, that's not rain then...just drizzle.
It came down pretty hard for a spell and overflowed my gutter at the usual spot. I have about 15m of valley gutter on a sun room (Zwift pain cave) that was a reclaimed courtyard, the water drips into the room when the gutters are full.
Dunno what the neighbours tree is but it drops a squillion leaves.

Reminds me of some kind of Ash tree from back in mother land, pretty rare as every tree over here is a gum ;)

It forces a gutter clean every year... my infamous knee injury of 2020, blew out my meniscus in April 2020 cleaning them.

About time I taught the monkeys how to do it.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
It forces a gutter clean every year... my infamous knee injury of 2020, blew out my meniscus in April 2020 cleaning them.
About time I taught the monkeys how to do it.
Did the same myself last year. And my 13 old complains that he doesn't like heights...

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
That's a few people sneezing.

What you need is rain that forces you to tip out empty planters a few times in one morning.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
You are correct, that is exactly what I need. Have snagged about another 8mm today, so it's party time. Some areas North of us got a good drenching, even hail.