What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lucaw

Next in line
This morning I went and did some laps of squatters run and the jump park at the Meehan and in the afternoon I went to the skate park, didn’t get rolled or shanked and rode down the stair case that I had my bmx accident on.

Then I knocked a half link out of my dirt jumper’s chain and fixed the creak on my ht. (I broke yet another hub:rolleyes:)

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
View attachment 388398

Rode Lake Mountain today. Honestly if you're in Victoria currently get yer bike and go ride it. Conditions are perfect. Actually perfect. Topped off by a great vibe, everyone out was really friendly, shit talking was primo and ebikers were apologizing for overtaking you. Most fun I've had on a bike in ages. 10/10 go do.
Seems they're doing a bit of work to it at the moment. Keen to get back there myself before queens bday.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
Took the Ti bike up for a couple of laps of Happy Valley Reservoir this afternoon and apart from the occasional NPC it was a great day to be out. The bike also ticked over to 1000km since I got it… gearbox has worn in and am loving it. Been trying to get at least 20km a day in on it lately.

Attachments

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Rode solo this morning. I needed to clear my head. The ride was perfect. The weather was amazing, I went at my own pace and focused on the trail.

I rode some of the same trails again later with the family, at a reduced pace. It was still fun but I'm glad I got out on my own for once.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Chose today to ride as tomorrow's weather isn't looking great for riding.
Hooked up with some mates, arranged a trip to Redhill which is about 50 mins away. Even had a chance of catching up with @Asininedrivel for a same bike love in.

Arrive at Redhill, another cat has his Dreadnought out and it's looking like a full house of colours. The froth is high.
Get mine out, put the wheels on and realise I left the axles in the garage. GUTTED doesn't even come close.

Put the bike back in the car, 50min drive home and its local loops of Follow Me at Lysterfield. For those of who don't know the place, it's like planning in playing at the MCG vs a kick about at your local kids park. Nothing wrong with a local park kick but not what I was hoping for.

Never mind, I did manage to use the time to dial in the 38's I just fitted. Damn they're a nice fork!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Did those little things you can put up with until you get the time to deal with them. Bumped the shock pessure up, fitted a chain guide, bled the brakes, had a heap of bubbles come from under the free stroke screws. Mini-confession, bled the calipers, bled the levers, then went inside and found the barbs/olives, back to the shed to shorten the lines and bled the levers again :rolleyes:.

Also followed the lead of @fjohn860. Replaced the top out bumper with just an o-ring, effectively making the negative chamber HHUUUUUGGGEE. If it feels weird I can put the original back. Won't know until Tuesday.

Last edited:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Did those little things you can put up with until you get the time to deal with them. Bumped the shock pessure up, fitted a chain guides, bled the brakes, had a heap of bubbles come from under the free stroke screws. Mini-confession, bled the calipers, bled the levers, then went inside and found the barbs/olives, back to the shed to shorten the lines and bled the levers again :rolleyes:.

Also followed the lead of @fjohn860. Replaced the top out bumper with just an o-ring, effectively making the negative chamber HHUUUUUGGGEE. If it feels weird I can put the original back. Won't know until Tuesday.

View attachment 388483

View attachment 388484
Awesome, let us know how it goes!