What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It was…but his wahoo or whatever was reading wrong. I did the real like ride and clocked around 250m v his 15m (from memory.
I’m surprised I did 50 tonight, just riding around the edge of the lake.
Yeah, I've been using Strava to use it's elevation profile to correct. But when doing actual elevation the wahoo seems to read correctly.

Case in point I did the Odyssey again this year and it read 1200m, which is about what the course profile says.

I wouldn't be surprised it is accurate here, it's pretty fucking flat

Oh, and since I've been raised from my Rotorburn slumber. I should mention I have joined the dark side and bought a gravel bike. New job said they do a gravel race in May and would I be interested. So basically an excuse for n+1 for me.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Yeah, I've been using Strava to use it's elevation profile to correct. But when doing actual elevation the wahoo seems to read correctly.

Case in point I did the Odyssey again this year and it read 1200m, which is about what the course profile says.

Oh, and since I've been raised from my Rotorburn slumber. I should mention I have joined the dark side and bought a gravel bike. New job said they do a gravel race in May and would I be interested. So basically an excuse for n+1 for me.

Does it creak?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

Sorry to wake you, while you were sleeping @moorey has become a weight weenie XC rider, @ashes_mtb has a road bike, @FatMuz has monster cross thingy, so your in ok company.

Is the seatpost supposed to give some flex?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Sorry to wake you, while you were sleeping @moorey has become a weight weenie XC rider, @ashes_mtb has a road bike, @FatMuz has monster cross thingy, so your in ok company.

Is the seatpost supposed to give some flex?
Its a changed place around here :)

The Canyon gravel/adventure bikes usually have the double decker bars too ?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Its a changed place around here :)

The Canyon gravel/adventure bikes usually have the double decker bars too ?

Yup. The world is ending if @Cardy George and @The Duckmeister remove their front derailleurs and add a dropper.

Those double decker bars look very odd.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is the Grizl, no double decker bars. No creaking, at least not yet lol. Went with a 2x grx build so I can run a different wheel set and do any kind of road ride with it.

Seat post does indeed flex, it's split right down the guts and in fact it's the way you adjust tilt on the saddle. Have to pull it all the way out, Undo a pinch bolt and move it up and down that way. A little annoying but you only need to do it once I guess.

First mod will be getting rid of those tan wall Schwalbes

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Fun arvo/evening/night ride at Youies tonight with @fjohn860. I was loving the cooler temps and slightly overcast conditions, just felt really good on the bike.

Took the short-travel bike tonight, but ended up riding Junction (both the upper and rocky sections), Lactic, Trav’s, Cressy, and then finished with another lap of Cressy under lights. Mint night out.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Fun arvo/evening/night ride at Youies tonight with @fjohn860. I was loving the cooler temps and slightly overcast conditions, just felt really good on the bike.

Took the short-travel bike tonight, but ended up riding Junction (both the upper and rocky sections), Lactic, Trav’s, Cressy, and then finished with another lap of Cressy under lights. Mint night out.
It certainly was a great arvo/evening for it!

moorey

call me Mia

Great stuff @beeb

Jpez

Down on the left!
Went and checked out some trails at Aireys inlet that I’ve never ridden before. @Mattyp acting as tour guide. Good natural fun trails. The climbs not too arduous and the downs as quick as you dare. Super fun stuff.
Took the GG out as the Deviate’s fork is off for service. I still love this bike. The frame and most of the components may be 5 years old but the thing just rips. It’s so much fun to ride and just keeps trucking up and down.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Showed @Jpez around, it's always a bit of a worry when I take someone new out there as the last 2 mates I took there hated it.. luckily the pez doesn't mind a pedal...did an extra lap after the tour with the handbrake off :p, good conditions still a bit of moisture in the ground and some water trickling over the falls.