What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lucaw

Next in line
I took the mulleted patriot out for a spin at Waverley today.

It rode much better, but I kept hitting my knees on the bars and the wedge swing arm really amplified the chain slap, making it sound like something was broken. On top of this, it also won’t fit on any of our bike carriers. I should have listened to you @moorey, but I didn’t. I’m going to put the 26inch rear wheel on and put it up for sale as a complete bike, unless @moorey you want to buy the frame back for as much as you sold it for. Oh well, it was a fun experience

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I took the mulleted patriot out for a spin at Waverley today. View attachment 384632
It rode much better, but I kept hitting my knees on the bars and the wedge swing arm really amplified the chain slap, making it sound like something was broken. On top of this, it also won’t fit on any of our bike carriers. I should have listened to you @moorey, but I didn’t. I’m going to put the 26inch rear wheel on and put it up for sale as a complete bike, unless @moorey you want to buy the frame back for as much as you sold it for. Oh well, it was a fun experience
Still a good experience, but couldn't you have worded it differently so you didn't have to tell @moorey he was right?

moorey

call me Mia
Maybe something about how I am a growing boy? Or blame it on the fact that it’s a 2004 frame?
Nah. Always user error.
The older models are noisy AF with the big hollow swing arm. You should have heard them before clutched derailleurs.

moorey

call me Mia
That’s his 7 tonnes of Lillydale topping making its way to the main road!
You mean down into the side of the house, and the dam….
Actually, the new stuff coped well. The old shite higher up has turned to powder under car wheels over the years, and all washes down :(

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
You mean down into the side of the house, and the dam….
Actually, the new stuff coped well. The old shite higher up has turned to powder under car wheels over the years, and all washes down :(
All I ask is when you take tray-fulls of gravel home from You Yangs, will you stop digging it out of the entry to the carpark? It's almost impassable at this point!