What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
On the MX line.
You had the option of XC pedals that had no little cage/platform, or the MX ones that were plastic and gross.
Got it. It been years since I actually bought any. Metal bodies were the cheap option back then.

Keen to hear if the modern versions are just as bomb proof.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Got it. It been years since I actually bought any. Metal bodies were the cheap option back then.

Keen to hear if the modern versions are just as bomb proof.
My last pair were 2004/5? models? Old af. Weighed a tonne and finally broke after one too many rock strikes. I was the third owner haha. They did the rounds at this bike shop I worked at, I built up a second hand on-one inbred and the frame also came with the pedals.

I’m also keen to see if they last as long haha.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Started building the Banshee, hoping to get everything done and a test ride in. Realised that I got the wrong brake mount adpater for the rear (needs IS) and so had no way to mount the rear brake (confessions thread?). Gave the whole build thing a miss and built Star Wars lego with the kids
Which version of Banshee are you building?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Guy I went to Uni with flies wingsuits. Absolute lunatic. Did a postdoc in Switzerland so he could hoy himself off big things as he'd just got into BASE jumping when he left Sydney then graduated into wingsuits.
Tight Terrain Flying With Trent | TEEM (jointheteem.com)
Yeah, that shit's mental. The source, for sure, but mentally dangerous.

There's an Aussie dude - Chris McDougall, who has been base jumping for 25+ years and still alive, last time I checked. teaches base jumping in Switzerland and Europe. I think he's mellowed out somewhat, which would explain in part why he's lasted so long.

Nice death star crack run by Jeb Corliss

Anyone who is pushing the limits of wingsuit flying, however, invariably seems to die in horrid crashes, like Alexander Polli, who flew through a 2m diameter hole/cave in a rock face. that was successful, but he headbutted a tree in the french alps in 2016. Totes dead now.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got out about 6:15 this morning. Beautiful, warm morning. Rode from home to the Kalang fire road, then up the Priest fire road to where Kangaroo fire trail junctions the North South Track. South (up) on the track to Junction Cabin. Saw a walker up there; first other human of the day. Headed down into Lenah Valley. One steep bit of fire road is nearly unwalkable, let alone ride on it. Deep erosion gullies running down hill on the road with plenty of exposed sharp rock and scree from the heavy rains a few weeks back. Of course, now it's dry and slippery AF.
Still a great morning and ride. Back out Lenah Valley road and home. Nice.

Bike, and rider, stopping for a breather at Junction Cabin (600 m) before descending.

Lucaw

Next in line
Change your tyre first.
Yeah, yeah lord Moore. I have an intense dh fro to put on before I go, I just have no idea when that will be. Also, the minion has been fine even for the fire road gap I Guinea pigged today, which I cased hard on because I did have the speed (I do think that It broke something in the fork though)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah, yeah lord Moore. I have an intense dh fro to put on before I go, I just have no idea when that will be. Also, the minion has been fine even for the fire road gap I Guinea pigged today, which I cased hard on because I did have the speed (I do think that It broke something in the fork though)
Can we all crowd fun pronto and get this kid a GoPro???

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I thought you had sold the tire and "re-tired".

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Blew the cobwebs out. Other than taking the boys out for Little Sender's maiden big bike ride (he crashed), I haven't ridden since the 22nd, and haven't trained since the 13th. It was just 30km of 'the usual', although the character of it all has changed, with almost everything washed out and rutted from recent rains it's a bit more technical now. Not a bad thing.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Blew the cobwebs out. Other than taking the boys out for Little Sender's maiden big bike ride (he crashed), I haven't ridden since the 22nd, and haven't trained since the 13th. It was just 30km of 'the usual', although the character of it all has changed, with almost everything washed out and rutted from recent rains it's a bit more technical now. Not a bad thing.
Cobwebs? It hasn’t been a month!
Sold my mtb in September. Have ridden the DJ like twice?since then?
First ride back is gonna be interesting. I’ve mapped out my comeback ride and fully expect to vomit riding up out of one descent trail. “Temptation creek” they call it, it’s going to be horrific. Can’t wait aha.

Last edited: