What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Took #2 son out to a trail network called Pewsey, its been around for years but recently got a bit of work due to the loss of Fox Creek. Big rocks, steep, rough, rugged and natural... no photos as I'm still testing GoPro Hero 10 settings. Fckn awesome place, we'll be back.

View attachment 382377
20km and only 535m climbing? My kinda trail network!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
That’s pretty solid. Unless you’re specifically tackling hills, and it’s just general trails, most people won’t have that much in 20km.
It was pinchy on the climbs and was bloody hot too.
We had about 10km in the pine forest and that was easy going.
Hmm, I thought I usually did more, but my usual 10km Kalamunda loop only has 200m climbing which kills me at the minute, although that is all in one hit.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Is that tyre starting to fall apart already, I can see fine cracks near the knobs?
Cracks all over it, you can see the threads in the casing. You should see the crack in the tread along the centre... Its been like this for well over a year and I dont think its structural. Bike shop told me their Michelin rep would be uninterested.

I like the way these tyres ride, I am not a fan of their QC though. Cracks appeared only months into their life - I did read somewhere that some early batches (such as these) were a bit sketchy.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Cracks all over it, you can see the threads in the casing. You should see the crack in the tread along the centre... Its been like this for well over a year and I dont think its structural. Bike shop told me their Michelin rep would be uninterested.

I like the way these tyres ride, I am not a fan of their QC though. Cracks appeared only months into their life - I did read somewhere that some early batches (such as these) were a bit sketchy.
Wow! Not a brand I'm interested in then if they won't even look at it.

I've got maxxis, schwalbe and continental tyres that are over 5 years old and don't look like that.

Haakon

Wow! Not a brand I'm interested in then if they won't even look at it.

I've got maxxis, schwalbe and continental tyres that are over 5 years old and don't look like that.
Yeah, I wasnt impressed. To be fair they were a Wiggle purchase and were 18 months old when I asked, so i sorta get why they said bugger off. But still, not a great ambassador for the brand, especially given what they're worth to buy! Dunno - I would probably buy again as it seems constrained to those early batches, but...

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
You’d owned them for a year and a half. Of course the shop wasn’t going to hassle the distro about a consumable item.

Haakon

You’d owned them for a year and a half. Of course the shop wasn’t going to hassle the distro about a consumable item.
Well... I could roll out the ACCC rules on reasonable life etc, and that stated warranties dont over ride ACCC etc. Even if id left it parked out in the sun all summer its not normal degradation. But once id assured myself it was ok to ride and was essentially cosmetic I left it alone. Plus id been a bit slack in following it up after I first noticed it a few months into their life...

Im more annoyed about dinging a fairly new rim!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Rode it on a trail for the first time in nearly four months. Two laps of Hey Hey My My nearly killed me.....

Truth be told, one lap nearly killed me.
I so want you to get some DVO forks with green lowers. It would be amazing!