What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Has been a good 24 hours. Did a path blat with the lovely Mrs yesterday and got out for a quick one now before the weeks rain sets in.

Make hay while the sun shines since it might not be shining much this week.

Black cockatoos are here too
View attachment 381422
You're too good for that bike. I'll take the frame off your hands to allow you to find true love elsewhere?

Thought you had used the wine cork tool there at first @fjohn860

I changed the tyres on my scout.

ausdb

Being who he is
Giving a set of circa '97 RS Indy SL's a birthday.

The plastic plungers were being especially difficult, but nothing a bit of bush mechanic-ing couldn't sort out.

Next stop, a plastics/polyurethane supplier
Oh dear my old banger has a set Indy XCs on it, service the other day consisted of pulling up the boots and squirting a bit of old finish line chain lube on the stanchions and quickly sliding the boots back down again. I wonder what I'll find if I do mine.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Giving a set of circa '97 RS Indy SL's a birthday.

The plastic plungers were being especially difficult, but nothing a bit of bush mechanic-ing couldn't sort out.

Next stop, a plastics/polyurethane supplier
What colour was the wine that poured out?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Refreshed brakes and cables on a mate’s bike. The thing’s a heavyweight with dual coils. And full EPO Lance Armstrong would struggle with the gearing on this thing!
The second coil is in the seatpost… :p

I swear it weighs more than my Sentinel. :oops:

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Refreshed brakes and cables on a mate’s bike. The thing’s a heavyweight with dual coils. And full EPO Lance Armstrong would struggle with the gearing on this thing!
The second coil is in the seatpost…
View attachment 381437

I swear it weighs more than my Sentinel. :oops:
In fairness to it, it does look ready and able to tackle the gnarliest DH and flightiest freeride trails on the planet.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Totally with you on this. Nasty roots and rocks, constantly changing gradient, off-camber corners, I love it all. Pretty sure I'm the only one of my friends that does :) So satisfying!
Definitely a niche these days :)

Climbing is tough, unrelenting and you can't blame much else except yourself when you dab. It just won't make any MTB marketing brochures.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Pulled the old girl out from her place in the garage and prettied it up for sale. Been neglected since Mr banshee came along.
New tape and sealant for the rear, full wash and polish, shock cleaned and slicko'd... Will give it a brake bleed and new dripper cable before I sell it as well.
As usual, you clean and prep it all, only to sit on it and go "I still kinda like this bike..."
Nope. Gotta go.
Maybe something less similar to the banshee can come back in it's place.