What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Just imagine how much better this would be if you clowns had daylight savings!!!
Won't somebody please think of all the confused cows though!

Edit: So it's not only shitposting... Rode to LBS in the rain. Bought gear outer. Asked about stock of double down minions. Told no - noone buys them. Ugh. Hit up local cafe for a double espresso IN A CERAMIC CUP!! Drank said golden beverage. Rode home on caffeine buzz. Fitted new dropper cable.

Last edited:

dropotaro

Likes Dirt
Set up a 1x11 six drivetrain on mates norco storm. It’s heaps nicer than the garbage 3x7 that was on there. The local bike store he bought it from couldn’t get it to shift nice so he asked for a solution. Lucky I picked up those race face cranks super cheap recently.

Cheap bikes are cheap for a reason I guess.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Set up a 1x11 six drivetrain on mates norco storm. It’s heaps nicer than the garbage 3x7 that was on there. The local bike store he bought it from couldn’t get it to shift nice so he asked for a solution. Lucky I picked up those race face cranks super cheap recently.

Cheap bikes are cheap for a reason I guess.
Is there a gap between the non-drive side crank arm and the BB shell?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I finally completed a 10 speed conversion on my 24 year old Mongoose a month or two back, but hadn't really ridden it since.
Took it out late last week and Sunday. Running so well and enjoying it for a blat down the gravel, I took it out for another 48km tonight.
Its now done 150km in the last 4 days haha, poor old thing might have a heart attack soon.

HamboCairns

I finally completed a 10 speed conversion on my 24 year old Mongoose a month or two back, but hadn't really ridden it since.
Took it out late last week and Sunday. Running so well and enjoying it for a blat down the gravel, I took it out for another 48km tonight.
It's now done 150km in the last 4 days haha, poor old thing might have a heart attack soon.
And I thought I was doing well!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Its now done 150km in the last 4 days haha, poor old thing might have a heart attack soon.
Probably still better than the new frames, I just spent a few days looking for a creak on a Cube frame with low millage, only to find it was internally in the gusset.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
Probably still better than the new frames, I just spent a few days looking for a creak on a Cube frame with low millage, only to find it was internally in the gusset.
How the heck do you discover that, and what causes it - a dodgy weld?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
How the heck do you discover that, and what causes it - a dodgy weld?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
First I dismantled all the common things that cause creaks then greased the interfaces, gave the forks a bit of twist while they were out and no noise, reinstalled everything and the creak was still there after this. Then I loaded up the frame and I could hear it creak the loudest on the front of the top tube with a mechanics stethoscope, I could also feel it come through the stethoscope when I held my hand on the steel probe, I then removed the front fork and sprayed lubricant in the top and bottom tubes through head tube holes, and it quietened down somewhat. Swapped everything over onto another frame and everything is quiet.

It drove me nuts, I could hear it getting worse over a few months, looked at the external welds for hairline cracks but couldn't see any defects. I could have done a dye penetrant test on the outside of the frame to check for cracks but, mehhh frame is stuffed.

HamboCairns

New sunnies.
Haha

I saw he had a Race Face Aeffect crank and wondered if it's normal to have a gap between the left crank arm and the bb shell. My son's Shimano 5100 doesn't but my Aeffect R does. Everything appears to be seated correctly. It just bugs me that I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or not!