What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Went for a ride up to Brimbank Park along the freeway bikepath. Dropped straight down under the EJ Whitten bridge, rode a little of the creak path until I saw all the people (all appropriately sized groups, just a lot of groups), turned around rode back up to the bridge and came home.

I sympathised with @Cardy George - belting along the bikepath at tempo was no drama, even into the headwind on the way back. But 32(chainring)-34(cassette) gearing and no elevation practice dealt a good reality check! :p

Still had fun, and despite the wind (which was at least consistent rather than gusty) kept a good pace up.

Oh, and yep - it's defintely Magpie season. I got lots of general alert warning swoops, shoulder bounced, beak clacks (past the ear, not aiming to amputate luckily), and the classic helmet trampolining. The mad buggers make me laugh - they're so reluctant to fly the rest of the year, so as soon as you see them fly up you know what's coming! :p

Last edited:

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Didn’t think I’d get out this weekend but managed to sneak an early one in at Kalamunda for an hour
Felt crap, was sore and definitely feel like I haven’t done any other riding this week after coming off last week
Was pleasantly surprised to see some uphill PRs (didn’t feel like it!) and managed some jumps so the confidence is still there, which I’m happy about!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Yeah you don't see them up for sale often, and a good price, so jumped on them. He gave them a full service before I picked them up and the tools and sundries came with them.
Awesome, I was tempted because as you say, pretty uncommon and price was good, but absolutely not something I needed. Glad they ended up in a good place!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Remember that time I got drunk and couldn’t figure out my card details to buy a new bike? Well my new phone can scan a card and auto fill the numbers.

Guess who hit the wine and ordered a new frame last night!
IT ISN’T BLACK, apparently I was more plastered than I thought.
PYR teaser thread incoming?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
PYR teaser thread incoming?
I’ll do one hambo style and post some grips or something. Worlds slowest PYR, frame delivery december.

?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
No :(
Slightly more budget friendly way to try this new longer/slacker geo stuff.
And shouldn’t be too bad to pedal around local trails. Going to have to sell the spitty so it’ll be a do everything bike.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe @Chriso_29er can report back with some happy snaps after the weekend?
Back on the local trails for the first time in 4 months thanks to massive storms, then lockdowns.

Felt a little rusty, but came good after a little while and even managed a few new PB's on @beeb pedals :)
Turns out the only thing I needed to be scared about was @CHEWY new gaps lol, they're a little large haha. All the main trails I could reach in my zone were ridable :)

Rode all 7 main descents between Mt Eve and Temple of Zoom trail, only almost lost my head and stopped by a fallen trees on True Grit. Pretty sure they came down in the storm last night and were fresh by the looks.

The area was pretty devo'd by the storms, the fairies getting out there are dead set legends. Cant get over the amount of work they've done.
Worst by far of the trails today was the climbing trail Twisted Sister, it's had large chunks of it realigned around impassible sections and looks to have only recently been completed.

While I'm hearing bad things about some other trails closer to the reservoir, whats there now is a solid 25km, 1133m without covering the same ground once.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Back on the local trails for the first time in 4 months thanks to massive storms, then lockdowns.

Felt a little rusty, but came good after a little while and even managed a few new PB's on @beeb pedals :)
Turns out the only thing I needed to be scared about was @CHEWY new gaps lol, they're a little large haha. All the main trails I could reach in my zone were ridable :)

Rode all 7 main descents between Mt Eve and Temple of Zoom trail, only almost lost my head and stopped by a fallen trees on True Grit. Pretty sure they came down in the storm last night and were fresh by the looks.

The area was pretty devo'd by the storms, the fairies getting out there are dead set legends. Cant get over the amount of work they've done.
Worst by far of the trails today was the climbing trail Twisted Sister, it's had large chunks of it realigned around impassible sections and looks to have only recently been completed.

While I'm hearing bad things about some other trails closer to the reservoir, whats there now is a solid 25km, 1133m without covering the same ground once.View attachment 380384View attachment 380385View attachment 380386View attachment 380387View attachment 380388View attachment 380389View attachment 380390
Wow.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

While I'm hearing bad things about some other trails closer to the reservoir, whats there now is a solid 25km, 1133m without covering the same ground once.View attachment 380384View attachment 380385View attachment 380386View attachment 380387View attachment 380388View attachment 380389View attachment 380390
Some serious destruction there. Well done trail fairys.

moorey

call me Mia
Took inspiration from @Jpez to aim for 200km while in quarantine. Average pace is almost 50% slower than my regular mountain loop, with the tight twisty 1.9km loop on my block. Had to dig deep after stumbling over the line then realising that I was probably still 100m short of my 5000m climbing goal, so I had to dig deep in the rain for another 3 loops.
Took a snack break at about the 30km mark, sagging a bit…pace had been dropping right off…though the rain didn’t help mentally.