What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Had my first real off today.

Was having a great ride, really confident on the Prime, hitting jumps and railing corners (at least in my mind, did hit a couple of sweet jumps though!) and then mistimed a corner, ran wide on the exit and hit my pedal on a low grass tree stump, threw me off the bike and onto my right arm and I slid for a bit. Gravel rash on my right arm and hip, sore quad where the bars spun and dug into my leg and some bloody sore ribs.
Got up after being winded for a few seconds and made it to the bottom of the trail, had a breather then carried on for a couple of kms pretty gingerly before I got really sore and gave up and went home. Had a few Voltaren and Panadols and tried to avoid picking up the kids
Thought I’d be more rattled but looking forward to healing up and getting out again.
Annoyingly I was feeling really good after doing a couple of rides during the week, don’t think I’ll be able to ride at least for the rest of the week!

Jpez

Down on the left!

Was having a great ride, really confident on the Prime, hitting jumps and railing corners (at least in my mind, did hit a couple of sweet jumps though!) and then mistimed a corner, ran wide on the exit and hit my pedal on a low grass tree stump, threw me off the bike and onto my right arm and I slid for a bit. Gravel rash on my right arm and hip, sore quad where the bars spun and dug into my leg and some bloody sore ribs.
Got up after being winded for a few seconds and made it to the bottom of the trail, had a breather then carried on for a couple of kms pretty gingerly before I got really sore and gave up and went home. Had a few Voltaren and Panadols and tried to avoid picking up the kids
Thought I’d be more rattled but looking forward to healing up and getting out again.
Annoyingly I was feeling really good after doing a couple of rides during the week, don’t think I’ll be able to ride at least for the rest of the week!
Sometimes I ride better after a stack or near off. It’s like Good! Got that out of the way now I can go hard.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Plenty of ice and you'll be right. Just snort up a big load preride and those pains won't be enough to hold you back.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Aches and pains update:
Gravel rash is sore, but painkillers seem to be doing a decent job on ribs. I didn't sleep great last night but well enough.
The fact my ribs are less sore today makes me think it's muscular, which is a good sign. I've cracked ribs before and they take a while to sort out

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Aches and pains update:
Gravel rash is sore, but painkillers seem to be doing a decent job on ribs. I didn't sleep great last night but well enough.
The fact my ribs are less sore today makes me think it's muscular, which is a good sign. I've cracked ribs before and they take a while to sort out
My ribs still hurt, and sleeping is the worst. I might try and hit up some Codeine so I can sleep through the night.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Doesn't hurt to breathe deeply or lift heavy things. Direct pressure hurts though.
No point going to the Doc 3 weeks after it happened.
Thinking about Codeine to sleep sounds like more than bruising.
Then again, we're getting old... shit drags out longer these days :)