What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Beautiful weather here now. Lucky enough to have a Gladys compatible ride from my doorstep. Busy out today and this is one of the few nobody places.

Don't you hate when you think your shocks must have leaked but they haven't and your extra lard arse Covid kilos have messed up your spring rates.

20210822_151800.jpg

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Boosted around Yarra Trails avoiding suicidal children / dogs (usually both). Conditions were great, even the Magic Marys (not the last word in dry conditions grip) were having a raring time.

Shitloads of people out and about but spatial awareness and courtesy was high which makes it a lot easier.
Sunday is always crazy but today set a new benchmark for me.
  1. A couple of boomers square up to me at the top of a climb as I’m about to jump the fence. I’m expecting an earful about where I shouldn’t be riding but they jump the fence to walk down.
  2. 2 hot young couples walking together through the bat colony zone and 1 chick looking up yells out, eew that one’s looking at me. The boyfriends and I lose our shit laughing
  3. 2 dads with 8 kids in tow setting up a swing on a tree right next to a berm so it swings across what is obviously a mtb trail, and amongst hectares of parkland
  4. Ambos bustling down towards one of the kids’ new jumps
  5. Group of 10 or so 8-10yos on byks, or similar toys, heading up a messy rocky climb, narrow af, with a huge near vertical drop off one side down to the Yarra
  6. Stalled out on a slow pinch climb in front of a couple of horrified walkers and felt like a complete tit
  7. Regaining my composure, not necessarily my dignity, I look down to see I have copped a messy bat turd down my arm
Quite a day

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First day out of quarantine (and 1st day off work in 2 weeks!) meant loops on the roadie. Holy crap but I though I was in Le Tour or something. My 4km loop has about the only hill that isn't part of a major arterial road in the area, and so every lycra-lover in the area seemed to be out and riding it. No big bunches which was nice to see but it got a bit stupid at the boom-gates where all the cyclist were strung out over about 50m trying to social distance while waiting for the train to come through

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sunday is always crazy but today set a new benchmark for me.
  1. A couple of boomers square up to me at the top of a climb as I’m about to jump the fence. I’m expecting an earful about where I shouldn’t be riding but they jump the fence to walk down.
  2. 2 hot young couples walking together through the bat colony zone and 1 chick looking up yells out, eew that one’s looking at me. The boyfriends and I lose our shit laughing
  3. 2 dads with 8 kids in tow setting up a swing on a tree right next to a berm so it swings across what is obviously a mtb trail, and amongst hectares of parkland
  4. Ambos bustling down towards one of the kids’ new jumps
  5. Group of 10 or so 8-10yos on byks, or similar toys, heading up a messy rocky climb, narrow af, with a huge near vertical drop off one side down to the Yarra
  6. Stalled out on a slow pinch climb in front of a couple of horrified walkers and felt like a complete tit
  7. Regaining my composure, not necessarily my dignity, I look down to see I have copped a messy bat turd down my arm
Quite a day
Ah, forgot one.
Chugging up a path to the top of a fun couple of dh bits and a rider blazes past me. I’ve been trying to ride a bit every day since lockdown and I’m not used to back to back, so the legs are getting a bit shagged. This guy hammers by and I’m instantly demoralised. I look up and he’s probably in his 20s and I’m an old bastard so I’m not that shite, she’ll be right. I glance again as he disappears up the hill and it’s then I notice his prosthesis.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Ah, forgot one.
Chugging up a path to the top of a fun couple of dh bits and a rider blazes past me. I’ve been trying to ride a bit every day since lockdown and I’m not used to back to back, so the legs are getting a bit shagged. This guy hammers by and I’m instantly demoralised. I look up and he’s probably in his 20s and I’m an old bastard so I’m not that shite, she’ll be right. I glance again as he disappears up the hill and it’s then I notice his prosthesis.
It was probably an e-leg.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've been slack , like super slacker than a 2021 trail slaying rig ......

So , i rode today , in the wind .. haha 15 km , 134 m of elevation and I'm a little tired - prob the gardening i did yesterday .

Or the not riding for 2 months ?

Im lucky , its the country , saw 2 people on the gravel roads in my little 'i reckon i could ride this far loop '
My wife is saying , so will you go again tomorrow ....we'll see dear , we'll see

But so nice to just get out and do a little exploring , pedalling , no real place to be .

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Took the Lil shredders and the Mrs for some Lockdown laps at Whitebridge, as Glenrock is not in my LGA.
Boys tested out riding the Marin HH Jr set up as 24/26 mullet and had a ball, and the Mrs tested out her new RS Gold forks to replace the woeful Suntour XCM forks that came stock on the Polygon (dropped 1kg)
and I got intimate with the Devinci Hendrix again, so much fun to ride with the skinnier tires

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Oh man, does it look that bad? It’s slik graphics gloss on matt black. Maybe I over did the art of subtlety.
They look fine. Those "stealth" graphics by Slik often look a bit odd in pictures, but look great in person. Super subtle, but just enough detail to not look like something's missing.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Took the Lil shredders and the Mrs for some Lockdown laps at Whitebridge, as Glenrock is not in my LGA.
Boys tested out riding the Marin HH Jr set up as 24/26 mullet and had a ball, and the Mrs tested out her new RS Gold forks to replace the woeful Suntour XCM forks that came stock on the Polygon (dropped 1kg)
and I got intimate with the Devinci Hendrix again, so much fun to ride with the skinnier tires
Yeah you filthy lake people can stay away! You're not missing much unless you like massive crowds and dust? I got up there this arv and had a reasonable time avoiding the crowds. The dirt lumps and new jumps free up most days about 430/5pm.

moorey

call me Mia
First day out of quarantine (and 1st day off work in 2 weeks!) meant loops on the roadie. Holy crap but I though I was in Le Tour or something. My 4km loop has about the only hill that isn't part of a major arterial road in the area, and so every lycra-lover in the area seemed to be out and riding it. No big bunches which was nice to see but it got a bit stupid at the boom-gates where all the cyclist were strung out over about 50m trying to social distance while waiting for the train to come through
Quarantine or lockdown? :oops: