What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Almost complete. Feeling a little conflicted pumping so much into a bike that was built just to sell off used parts but does look amazing.
View attachment 378349
I don't see any downside or reason to be conflicted. Your getting rid of unwanted parts, someone will, hopefully get a ready to ride bike in their price range and you will recover some of your hard earned. I have done it myself. No one will be forced to buy it. And bonus...you will have money to start your next project!

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Oh also worth mentioning that I removed the reflectors, and the dork disk from my daughter's bike - in case you were wondering..
Only wondering if you checked the high limit before doing this? My son put his chain into the spokes straight after we got his last new bike direct from LBS.
(Luckily he doesn't put out too many watts yet so didn't break anything and no harm done.)

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Only wondering if you checked the high limit before doing this? My son put his chain into the spokes straight after we got his last new bike direct from LBS.
(Luckily he doesn't put out too many watts yet so didn't break anything and no harm done.)
I certainly did!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Rode my bike up the hill to see the trails. Having a bit of a chuckle at the many all gear no idea chunk lords chugging along on their e-enduro bikes but b-lining everything. Some local shops must have an epic sales team selling tangible gnar!

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode my bike up the hill to see the trails. Having a bit of a chuckle at the many all gear no idea chunk lords chugging along on their e-enduro bikes but b-lining everything. Some local shops must have an epic sales team selling tangible gnar!
Noticed something in a similar vein Saturday while riding up the R18 fire trail behind the Waterworks. As we were chugging up, a couple was coming down on pretty burly E Enduro bikes clamping pretty hard on the brakes. ( a bit noisy). The woman looked white knuckled but surprised as well to see Yvonne, in her usual metronomic style, just spinning up while still in the saddle. (my tongue was nearly to the ground trying to keep up) I have nothing against e bikes but some shops certainly seem to be selling the wrong bike to some wanna b mountain bikers.

Petero

Likes Dirt
I don't have an e-enduro and yet I feel attacked.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wow @pink poodle & @Petero , I’m just listening to something on YouTube and reading your comments ..

” it was everything has gone , so extreme now, there is no middle ground , it’s as if you need the best of everything to have fun , or even just to participate.”
“ we need to be accessible , make it fun and then we can achieve so much more , “

seems kinda true, I mean I know we are all full on stoke . A lining , red bull ( but I turned em down- like cos the sckricttt and sclrappp was like tooo rad dude ) riders …..

ps I wish i could get a set of e- enduro forks for my bike …. Bloody COVID supply chains .

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Bought a spring today because I couldn't ride. Gotta get the fix somewhere...

Having a bit of a chuckle at the many all gear no idea chunk lords chugging along on their e-enduro bikes but b-lining everything.
Happens in every sport. I recall seeing wake-bros with $100k+ boats hooting at each other doing their best tricks, like 180s and ye olde standup-to-faceplant. Thankfully, the ebikes don't ride themselves yet. So there is still some hope for humanity MTBing...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I don't have an e-enduro and yet I feel attacked.
Oh no e-power? You would have been flogged after the epic run from carpark out to where I was! The locals know how gruelling and technical the trail is as you climb and wind out to the new jump line at Kenny's. If you don't have an e-machine you'll either need amphetamines or cardio!

wow @pink poodle & @Petero , I’m just listening to something on YouTube and reading your comments ..

” it was everything has gone , so extreme now, there is no middle ground , it’s as if you need the best of everything to have fun , or even just to participate.”
“ we need to be accessible , make it fun and then we can achieve so much more , “

seems kinda true, I mean I know we are all full on stoke . A lining , red bull ( but I turned em down- like cos the sckricttt and sclrappp was like tooo rad dude ) riders …..

ps I wish i could get a set of e- enduro forks for my bike …. Bloody COVID supply chains .
It's totally extreme! And then a little more...like someone has poured redbull and Pepsi Max over all the trails!

moorey

call me Mia
In their defence, are they buying them for the descents?

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
In their defence, are they buying them for the descents?
The trails are pretty much flat.

Heaven forbid I defend ebikers….but I see more people on equally expensive acoustic bikes with no more skill or idea….

I ride shit bikes so no one has any expectations of my riding abilities.

Those damn accoustic bikes! Well can usually hear them puffing along. Currently a similar scenario - 160mm travel Chugg wagons for a trail that would suit100mm front hard tail rear.

Last edited: