What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Had a cruisy loop of Currawong, didn't crash, still unfit as hell on the climb, but that's ok, had fun.

Huge ups (as the kids say) to Geelong's own Kiki Bristow for coming 1st in U17 women's, with a time that would have earned her 2nd place in both U19s and expert.

moorey

call me Mia
Onya @moorey - Felix killed it this weekend, and that's the shredder from Jack's vlog:

http://instagr.am/p/CNzNotDrGYt/
View attachment 374291
Yep. Ollie Davis is a weapon. National u19 DH champ. Hell of a nice kid too. On the left is Asher Darlison..u17 national DH champ. Both killers riders.
Even Felix’s 3rd place time in u17 would have won u19 today. Incredible level of competition in that group.
Beauty was soooooo good. Tracks are insanely fun. Tough, but fun tough. Best weekend ever. Forced my mate @wozza to race. He robbed me of a 3rd in super masters :(

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Even Felix’s 3rd place time in u17 would have won u19 today. Incredible level of competition in that group.
Its crazy, the U17s in SA are beating U19 and placing in Elite, in both XC and Enduro... where the fck have these quick kids come from all of a sudden.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Yep. Ollie Davis is a weapon. National u19 DH champ. Hell of a nice kid too.
Can confirm. Lovely family and Ollie is one hell of a rider. This next generation has cracked some part of the puzzle we never could.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Can confirm. Lovely family and Ollie is one hell of a rider. This next generation has cracked some part of the puzzle we never could.
Nice, well balanced happy kids do exist - but take away the lovely family and opportunity (ie wealth/stabilty etc) to spend time of elective hobbies like riding and kids dont always turn out so well. He is just one of the lucky ones, not necessarily representative of his (or any other) generation.

moorey

call me Mia
Nice, well balanced happy kids do exist - but take away the lovely family and opportunity (ie wealth/stabilty etc) to spend time of elective hobbies like riding and kids dont always turn out so well. He is just one of the lucky ones, not necessarily representative of his (or any other) generation.
That's a pretty cynical view. Also, loving and accommodating, wealthy parents don't guarantee nice kids. I see a hell of a lot of entitled little shits who get everything, and are utterly ungrateful and rude pricks..
I don't know his family, but Felix has been riding with Ollie for around 5 years. Has always been a genuinely humble and easygoing kid despite his prodigious talent (by that I mean, he's worked incredibly hard on his riding. Deano took him under his wing years ago, and it shows in both his riding and attitude)

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
That's a pretty cynical view. Also, loving and accommodating, wealthy parents don't guarantee nice kids. I see a hell of a lot of entitled little shits who get everything, and are utterly ungrateful and rude pricks..
I don't know his family, but Felix has been riding with Ollie for around 5 years. Has always been a genuinely humble and easygoing kid despite his prodigious talent (by that I mean, he's worked incredibly hard on his riding. Deano took him under his wing years ago, and it shows in both his riding and attitude)
Dont disagree with any of that. Cynicism borne from experience, but as you say its by no means the rule. A tendency is perhaps a better word.

At least just noting people with happy lives are the lucky ones who missed out on some of the nastier shit sandwiches life can throw at you. Good for him. Just dont forget to note that working really hard on his riding is possible because he can because likely not simply trying to survive. Throw an abusive alcoholic father and extreme poverty into the equation and see how easy going he gets. But sometime core personality traits shine through, its rare though.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Jeez. Everyone is celebrating just how much of a decent kid this is and you have to look at the dark view. Again.