What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I still need my 46 but I can see a point where a 42 would be sufficient with a 30T chainring. Just need to build my back strength up and lose another 10kg..

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Went for a nice little ride around Smithfield today, the week long period of sun has dried the trails out nicely and these Rekons continue to shine! They're not as grippy as the Minions but I find that as they roll better, I keep my momentum for longer, which means I roll over roots rather than climb them.

I'm thinking that I might change priority and save for a fork rather than wheels. Something like a Fox 34/36 with a Grip damper?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Pretty much abandoned a true granny. Donated my 10-46 cassette for Felix’s spare wheels. Anything a can’t do with 10-42 these days just means I need to work harder.
Fair enough. Keep the 46T in glass case ready with hammer near by ready for the day those knees get too old and want more granny.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
37,000 kj x 50. That’s a fucking SERIOUS energy deficit.

Well done dude. I’ve lost 25kg twice in my adult life, only to have crippling digestive and auto immune issues see me slowly put it all back on. It’s a huge effort to lose 25kg.
In reality the deficit isn't that high. There's a fair few kilos of water and muscle mixed in with that. My dexa scan at the start said I had 130kg of muscle, and 130kgs is my target weight....

My issue is tiredness, not being fit enough, stress eating and having two young kids, it's a vicious circle. Can't do anything about the kids but as I address the fitness and tiredness, it makes the stress easier to manage.

I lost about 20-25kg about 14 years ago. I had a herniated disc and experienced about 12 weeks of torturous fuck this shit!!! Lost what little muscle I had. Lost what ever far I had. Lost some hair...I think that was where most of the weight was lost. Fuck it was a shit time. Skinniest I'd ever been as an adult!

Well done @Oddjob . Will be a nude banh mi and narra hill climb to celebrate?
Screw that, I want to be able to clean the whole of OMV, including the doubles, followed by the worlds best roast pork roll, guilt free!

With less weight, I've actually noticed my jumping game has gone from downright non-existent to merely an embarrassment.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The Z1 is a coil fork right? Is there a lighter option?
Air or coil from new. Can convert air to coil later, but not the other way round (in theory the inside surfaces of the stanchions may get scratched by the spring). FWIW, I just did the air to coil swap last weekend and didn't "feel" the extra weight at all (and I suspect my fussiness is infamous on here by now...).

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
That's a good start!

What did I do? Well I opened a box...

View attachment 373140

Peeked inside then hastily closed it up and rushed to work. It looks nice inside...a metallic purple colour blending to black. Going to be a good looking build.
You have mastered the art of the tease. Look forward to seeing all the matching purple anno. All that added lightness should see you clearing your dirt lumps almost without any effort.