What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Lower leg service tonight, including hacking the topout bumper in half and burnishing the bushes in the lowers.

Never realised how bad the bush alignment was until today.

Massive improvement after burnishing.

http://instagr.am/p/CI78JmZhWxR/
You meant to be able to slide stanchions down with oil one at a time in the lowers under their own weight, not many people realise but they bind in the bushes out on the trail from the flex in the stanchions.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
One of the lower bushes had been installed poorly from factory which I had only noticed recently.

It has (had) a flat section on the leading edge almost 5-6mm long. The burnishing I did was mostly to force that bushing back into some semblance of round.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I am no lightweight, and are well aware they bind out on the trail
I made the mistake years ago with some 32mm revelations 150mm of rebushing them, they had the slightest bit of play in the bushes without oil and the new bushes ended up the same because they would jamb out on the trail and have heaps of stiction.

Your forks will be heaps better by looking how easy they slid in the last video.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I made the mistake years ago with some 32mm revelations 150mm of rebushing them, they had the slightest bit of play in the bushes without oil and the new bushes ended up the same because they would jamb out on the trail and have heaps of stiction.

Your forks will be heaps better by looking how easy they slid in the last video.
I've always had coil forks previously.

It has been an interesting journey learning everything about air springs.

I just never had a yard stick to compare it to, only coil forks. Never really knew if this air fork was working well or not.

After todays exercise, I now know it wasn't quite right

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
The Redemption lap. Fuck Im unfit... Successfully failed to crash though :)

So it was on one of these corners, not sure which... Big rocks on the inside of the dip on both to catch a pedal with a flat bit past it for full body slams onto the ground, so could be either...

Last edited:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Went for a family ride on gravel paths. I hauled the youngest child in the trailer and husband took the eldest child on the Dolittle seat.
Got home and tinkered around a bit to get the Weeride seat ready for the youngest child.
We'll have to go on another ride tomorrow!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Got out to Kalamunda today, did 15km instead of the usual 10km
After deleting my front derailleur though, I really missed the bailout gear
Will be getting a bigger cassette soon I reckon.
Had to walk a bit, god I’m unfit!
Cheers to the guys who offered me a lift up Mt Gunjin Road when I bailed off the trail
New bars and stem were good though. Few positional tweaks and I reckon she’ll be good.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Lower leg service tonight, including hacking the topout bumper in half and burnishing the bushes in the lowers.

Never realised how bad the bush alignment was until today.

Massive improvement after burnishing.

http://instagr.am/p/CI78JmZhWxR/
It's also worth checking for stiction with the front wheel in. If the hub is not to spec width-wise or the fork axle spacing isn't perfect then you will get an increase in stiction with the front wheel in.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
It's also worth checking for stiction with the front wheel in. If the hub is not to spec width-wise or the fork axle spacing isn't perfect then you will get an increase in stiction with the front wheel in.
Yeah I probably should have done that.

I measured the front hub at 110.06mm, so not too bad.

And when installing the front wheel the hub has a nice contact sliding fit in the fork dropouts, so the hub isn't pushing the fork legs apart and the through axle isn't pulling the legs in either.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
We had a real nice ride today, with our middle daughter and her partner… down their way in Donvale. Sue found some single-track off Mullum Mullum trail, and later we spotted some off Eastlink trail. My fearless daughter followed me down a very steep chute to the creek and buried the front in an obscured hole… and had a fairly chunky OTB. She actually took a pretty hard slap, and composed herself, recovered, then was grinning and back at it without hesitation. I love riding with her, she’s such a dick…we hassle each other constantly. She's a good rider.