What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Good to see smiley, happy faces. Even getting happy chats up with walkers on the PWT. This is a rarity.
Nice... the PWT... must be full of Chrissy spirit... I've been attacked by dogs, their owners, abused and on one occasion, demanded I got off the trail as she refused to walk by me. Its an awesome trail but Burnside council have no balls and are scared to tell people its actually a road reserve and we can ride our fucking bikes there.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Nice... the PWT... must be full of Chrissy spirit... I've been attacked by dogs, their owners, abused and on one occasion, demanded I got off the trail as she refused to walk by me. Its an awesome trail but Burnside council have no balls and are scared to tell people its actually a road reserve and we can ride our fucking bikes there.
Last time I rode it, I had a run in with 'that woman'. She is notorious, and constantly hounding council to get bikes banned.

We always slow down to walking pace, and give a smile and a good morning to anyone we pass. Most now seem to take it in good spirit, and respect us for respecting them. But there is always going to be a bit of Burnside self entitlement around that cloistered hub.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Rode the hills mtb park today (nephews in tow). Not a bad spot considering how compact an area it is.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Took the XC HT for a spin around Kurrajong yesterday. Felt really harsh and squirrelly after riding duallies for two years. Like going from a water bed to a futon.

Also, the fork is completely knackered, and will have to be replaced at some stage. Every time I lift the front wheel off the ground, it goes "sssshKLUNK".

Last edited:

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
:p
Hit up the Glenorchy MTB Park yesterday for my first real ride on my Tallboy LT with the 2 degree Angleset. It was awesome, I rode up then down parts of the North-South Track twice then did the bottom part of the double black diamond then finishes in the dirt jumps at the bottom.

The bike difference with the Angleset is the extra confidence I have putting weight on the front of the bike. Cornering is far more confident and tighter which was a gain I hadn't really thought about! The -2 degree Works Angleset is awesome!

Lack of rider fitness was noticeable, so I did the mountain biker thing and bought an 11-50 Sunrace 11 speed cassette

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Took the XC HT for a spin around Kurrajong yesterday. Felt really harsh and squirrelly after riding duallies for two years. Like going form a water bed to a futon.
Haha, I had the opposite experience after riding my hardtail around Stockyards in the morning on Saturday - Kurrajong felt like a bowling green by comparison! :p There was plenty of exposed roots where I did have to remind myself to get off the seat though, so definitely took some adjustment.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took the XC HT for a spin around Kurrajong yesterday. Felt really harsh and squirrelly after riding duallies for two years. Like going from a water bed to a futon.

Also, the fork is completely knackered, and will have to be replaced at some stage. Every time I lift the front wheel off the ground, it goes "sssshKLUNK".
Sure you weren't riding my xc bike lol.
Its harsh with knackered forks, but so fast on the right trails.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fitted the new Force Am and cleaned up the residue from the sealant which was everywhere from the tyre explosion... Ready for riding early Am tomorrow...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Been at my boys for weeks to have zero injuries for our Derby trip in 5 days :mad:

Currently laying in A&E, took the kids for an Xmas eve spin, spiked my side approx 40mm deep with a branch.
X-ray clear, Ultrasound clear, CT scan next to see what's in there, what its pierced (if anything) and how they'll fix it.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Turned 47 today. Had to ride and conditions were shit.

Old mate suggested we try Short & Sharp. It was so hard. Walked two bits I could've ridden, today wasn't the day. Got to the bottom of it and I wanted to ride Three Amigos. Went ok, took the a lines and kept it loose. 4th on RB. Not bad for an old guy.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Turned 47 today. Had to ride and conditions were shit.
View attachment 358261

Old mate suggested we try Short & Sharp. It was so hard. Walked two bits I could've ridden, today wasn't the day. Got to the bottom of it and I wanted to ride Three Amigos. Went ok, took the a lines and kept it loose. 4th on RB. Not bad for an old guy.

View attachment 358263
9th here.. Got some work to do!
Happy Birthday!