Wed night syd ride 26th Nov

Weasel

Likes Dirt
After hearing about all this stuff your doing to get grip on your rims i just had a vision of a person going through a windshield after hitting another car without wearing a seatbelt...

Is that the sort of stopping power your trying to get... just without the flying through the air bit?

teamsherman

Likes Dirt
Yep, i want superior grip so i can practice my pedal ups, i have a theory to it in my head i just need to put it on the ground.

Dicky

Punter God
good ride lads.... nice one to the public trials display. not only was it awesome to watch but it showed most of the surrounding punters that even though we might look like a big scary bunch of weirdos (probably cos we are) we're just there to have fun.
pity about "i'm mr big important rentacop" taking out his frustration with his sad sad life on us, but if that's the worst thing that happened all night then i reckon we did pretty well.

what Rik was saying outside maccas was quite true though, and something i guess we all should take note of.
These rides are becoming a mad success, we would have had about 40 people there tonight. With a group that big though, we need to start taking a bit more notice of the image that we're giving out to the public.
Obviously there will always be stuff like pedestrians who are going to walk dumbly out in front of you while making eye contact, and most definitely rentacops who aren't very happy with their lives, but there is a responsibility on our part to minimise the negative side of how people see us. We are there to just play around and have fun after all, but also as ambassadors for our sport (cheers to whoever just handed me that soapbox) and it need not be at the expense of the common pedestri-sheep. Most of the time....

This is by no means aimed at anyone in particular - i reckon we've done pretty well along that line of thought since the rides started. I'd just like to see the vibe outside the group remain the same as it is between us.

oh yeah i got home about 20 minutes ago (looky at time ^^^)
manly to bilgola plateau tends to do that. thank god for red bull.... fresh in the silver can....

i fired the better part of a roll of film at the lowrider before i headed off to meet up with you lot, so there'll be some pics of the black beast up in a day or three.

remember next week is sad sad girly additions to your bike (Weasel can just leave his as it is) If you're not M@dC0r3 (fully) enough to rock up decked out with pink bits, then just any form of Huffy owner accessories will do.
hmmm, dual helmet mirrors on the full face...?

as an incentive to partake in this stupidity, i will bring some form of (actually half decent) prize for the best, or worst, as it were, lookin bike.
now get down to the local Boggo Bikes R Us and buy all the plastic stuff in the bucket in the corner!

oh yeah, ten bucks says the asian lady is still yelling into the phone.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Dicky said:
thank god for red bull.... fresh in the silver can.....
"I'll have one... open it up" :!:

Dicky said:
remember next week is sad sad girly additions to your bike.
I wanna see Barbie dolls everyone :lol:

Dicky said:
oh yeah, ten bucks says the asian lady is still yelling into the phone.
Yeah, She runs on Energizer batteries :p

naz

Criminally Inane
hey squid, enegizer E2 lithiums!! they last forever...what was wit farkin bein down last night!!! funn ride

Weasel

Likes Dirt
Man she was the queen of the harpies! But the random bursts were funny.

As for the girly bikes im going the tassles, foam protectors and all the damm mirrors i can find!
Also the route needs to be changed as those rent a cops were waiting for us and with a group that big its becoming a slight logistical problem.

naz

Criminally Inane
hey and thanks again alan for the lift...twas apreciated, i say we have another car slalom starting at central down george :lol:

teamsherman

Likes Dirt
Yeah i agree that the route has to be changed.

And as for the girly bike comp, my entry will have to be postponed till i recover from my surgery im having tomorrow. So ive got time to plan...mwooohaaahahahahaaaaa