Want to make $50? (iphone issue)

Largest

Likes Bikes
OK, so your mission should you choose to accept it:

Background:
I was given an iphone bought in Germany for use here. Iphone worked fine there. Bought to Australia and it locks up. All that can be done is open and make an emergency call. The iphone to the best of my knowledge is legit 16gb 3gs.

Task:
Make the iphone work. Using whatever program, give me step by step instructions to resolve the issue and work using my Telstra Pre-Paid mobile sim. I have tried all carriers simcards.

Reward:
$50 sent to your bank account. If you think I am dodgy, dont bother, but I give my word that should your solution be the first of its kind, I will pay up, no questions.

Thanks.

Largest

Likes Bikes
Submissions such as jailbreak will not be accepted. work for your $50!
Also, I believe jailbreak is used to unlock a service providers lock, not the phone entirely.

Have only used, and have access to 3g cards unfortunately.

Thanks for your interest guys.

galumay

Likes Bikes
No, I cant get past the first screen... connect to itunes/emergency calls only.
If it truly is unlocked, which sounds a little dubious given the symptoms, and the fact that Germany only started selling unlocked iPhones in the last couple of weeks, then you will need to restore the iPhone first in iTunes.

More likely is that you will have to jailbreak it again to unlock it.

Happy to help you with your problem offline, drop me an email at support@larrani.com.au

Cheers, Rick

Last edited:

Largest

Likes Bikes
ahh, well I will have to get somemore information, will contact you when I have it.
He is german after all, there is some struggle in communication!