VOlvo ocean race stop-ove 2005

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yes, im a sailor, say what you will but yes, i sail (no i dont wear a little hate and suit)
For any who are remotely interested the Volvo ocean race is stopping over in Melbourne in the 2005 (the next) race. They'll be at the docklands, dunno how long for but this is the only pro-longed stay in Australia. I dunno what they r doing about Sydney for the Sydney to Hobart leg but i don't care, some of the most expensive and technologically advanced ships in the world

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i have a permanent crewing spot on a thompson 7 racing yacht and sail lasers and sutff aswell, also crew on a benetau 38 (niceeeee boat) and whatever else i can get on

wombat

Lives in a hole
Cool. I don't sail myself but my best mate and his bro sailed lasers. Actually his brother (Ben Austin) won the jnr worlds in 2000 (i think it was 2000?). Tim was pretty sharp too. They're both crewing an 18footer at the moment, slightly less successfully than their time on the lasers though....

mtbdh_girl

Likes Dirt
cool

inlina's workmate has a nice little yacht that we go out on. I love sailing, cept last time when we headed out into what turned out to be 40+ winds and were hamering along at 9k in a boat designed for a safe 6!!! Not a good idea with a crew of 4 when 3 of thm don't know one end of the boat from the other. It was ok though. I was the only one who nearly gt lost overboard, but i still think that was deliberate..