ViC - Bikes & Parts donations needed for bushfire victims

mtbdh_girl

Likes Dirt
OZBMX.COM have begun a bike donation drive to supply some bikes to the fire affected kids in Victoria. Please see our drive at the link supplied...
http://ozbmx.com.au/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1234271648/0

If you have any old/spare bikes or frames - both mtb and bmx ( 12", 16", 24", 26", scooters, tricycles) We are in need of Brake cables, Chains, Pedal, Hand grips, forks and tyres, etc

We are having our bike collection and drop off day on Saturday 21st Feb, and then the re-building & repairing will take place.

The drop off point is the Park Orchards BMX Club, Stintons Reserve on Commercial Rd this Saturday at 10am -12:30pm,

what a great idea, get behind it if you can.

Attachments

Last edited:

frostbite

Likes Dirt
I am rounding up a bunch of mates who I know have old bikes they may want to get rid of.

edit -realise you already posted the detail!

Last edited:

mtbdh_girl

Likes Dirt
There isn't actually any more info in there...I have posted all the details. the link is just to a thread discussing bike donations and who can/will/is bringing what.

All the detail is in my initial post :)
cindie

frostbite

Likes Dirt
Do you have any criteria on what we should bring? Are you after good quality old stuff or would you also accept Repco/kmart style bikes?

mtbdh_girl

Likes Dirt
Do you have any criteria on what we should bring? Are you after good quality old stuff or would you also accept Repco/kmart style bikes?

Hi - we are interested in anything which is serviceable...ie as long as it works its fine. Not everyone who owns a bike is into bikes the way 'we' are :p Basically we just want to get the kids affected back on bikes...

Here's one for you

I tried following your link but wasn't allowed access to the OZBMX site.
I have a Free Agent BMX you can have. Some f#$%ers tried to steal some of my bikes and I caught them at it...they had to leg it and left this behind.:) It's a bit banged up but I would've been happy to get it for nix as a a kid.
I've been thinking I should donate it but didn't know how. If you can pick it up from Northcote it's yours - I can't get it to Park Orchards tomorrow morning.

Have PMd you.