VIC Ves 2015

Fifteen.Hundred

Likes Dirt
Great to see an MTB event back at Lysty.

Course looks good, Anurysem & middle will be interesting with over 150 enterants so far.

The LDTR crew ran a Friday night loop a few weeks back that used about 80% of the VES course. The amount of up was a little deceptive.... 800m+ in around 30km.

Nath8

Likes Dirt
Great to see an MTB event back at Lysty.

with over 150 enterants so far.
Looking forward to Saturday.
Where have you obtained the number of entries? Do you know the breakup between teams and solo riders?
I thought this event would've been more popular than that.
Good luck to all riding :thumb:

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was thinking of doing the 3hr as the knee has shown good signs of improvement; but moving house combined with interstate travel the last 3 weekends has left me (read wife) wanting to just hang out at home! :noidea:
Also a little puzzled as t why the entry to the 3hr is the same price as the 6hr; the 6hr price is good value, the 3hr not so much! (IMO) :tape2:

That said the numbers look good, with over 180 solo entries (3 & 6hr), and 40 teams, should be a good event :playball:

Last edited:

RoscoeP

Likes Bikes
Great day out on Saturday and kudos also to Tobias - he's in pretty good form at the moment.

Thanks to organizers for a great event - the trails were perfect, especially in the context of the rain in the past week. I did get thrown by the climb UP through the rock garden when I hit it the first time.... hit it totally in the wrong gear and stalled big time.

The kids activities were great also - it kept the family engaged so well that they actually stuck around for the whole race, rather than buggering off like they planned... and the kids won more prizes than I did for my 2nd place finish. I am currently in negotiations with my 7 YO daughter about the reasons why she doesn't need to put a carbon bottle holder on her ByK and should instead give it to daddy.

anyfin

Likes Bikes
Albury is the next stop in the Vic Ves series and we have an extended course for your enjoyment this year. We have around 5klm of single track that you will not of raced on in previous events making up the complete track length of 11.77 klm. Stay tuned for further updates :)

gpmtb

Likes Bikes
Canadian 6 Hr - Round 6 VES, Ballarat Sunday 18th October 2015

The Canadian 6hr, Round 6 in the 2015 VES is fast approaching (Sunday 18th October 2015). Entries are open via Entryzone. Online entries close 5pm on Wednesday 14 October. Remember this round has BONUS POINTS for the series. For more info see the Ballarat-Sebastopol Cycling Club webpage and keep your eye on the Ballarat Mountain Bike Club Facebook page.

The race will be held on the awesome trails in the Canadian State Forest, with the event village being Pax Hill Adventure Park, Ballarat East. The race loop will be approximately 12km in length, with a bit of a prologue to get things underway. I rode the trails this morning and they are in great condition, dry and fast. There is plenty of singletrack in the loop, with some fire road and reclaimed vehicle tracks thrown in. With sections like 'Original sin', 'Mine shaft alley' and 'Big red', there is plenty to like!

There is so much more than the racing on offer too, with awesome coffee and wholesome food (Wholesome Hippo food van will provide unreal food options), bike shop (Cyclescape, Ballarat) and great atmosphere in the event village - we are chuffed that these guys are supporting our event so we are encouraging all attendees to support them too. So get your team together and bring along the family and friends. Category prize pools are rather attractive and there will be plenty of spot prizes on offer too.

^dave

Likes Bikes
Canadian 6 Hr - Round 6 VES, Ballarat Sunday 18th October 2015

Do you know if we'll be allowed to ride a practice lap on the Saturday?

gpmtb

Likes Bikes
Do you know if we'll be allowed to ride a practice lap on the Saturday?
Will aim to have course marked by 4pm on the Saturday which will allow around 3 hours of daylight for practice laps. Updated Garmin file of course will also be available on BSCC website shortly (there is one already there, but some very slight changes since).

gpmtb

Likes Bikes
VES Canadian 6hr Ballarat - This Sunday! Registrations close tomorrow Midnight

Time to get those registrations sorted for this Sunday's VES round at Ballarat. Online registrations close tomorrow (Wednesdnay) at Midnight - enter via Entryzone. On the day entries will cost more.

gpmtb

Likes Bikes
Online (cheaper) entry to VES Canadian 6hr (and 3hr races) closing soon

Get your online entries for this sorted ASAP - that's tonight!

Rode the loop today, it is a heap of fun, fast and dry with plenty of subtle features to dial into. If you have had a ride in Canadian forest before, be excited knowing that this loop picks up all the gems and strings together a loop that is packed full of goodness. If you haven't had the pleasure of riding Canadian before, you are in for a real treat, you will return after Sunday's race no doubt.

Do it, register. Forecast is awesome, unheard of for Ballarat!

gpmtb

Likes Bikes
Online entry to Canadian 6hr still available

Looks like online entries are still happening. So if you are still thinking about riding, get your entry in at Entryzone.

gpmtb

Likes Bikes
VES Canadian Enduro TOMORROW On the Day entries available.

On the day entries available for the Canadian 6hr tomorrow. Rego at Pax Hill Activity Centre (scout camp), Ballarat East between 8am to 9.30am for the 6hr and 11.30am to 12.30pm for the 3hr.

The trails are primed and ready - sheet they are riding superbly and it is an an awesome loop. Weather perfect, don't miss it.