VIC Ves 2015

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Categories

Any information on the categories available. I want a 50+ pairs category.

What about when entries open and the cost?

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
looks good

looks good , one race a month except aug looks good,
should be fun racing at lysterfeild after many years without a race.
Back at Bendigo too.

thanks

fphmtb

Likes Bikes
Round 1 at yowies looks like a road course, no stockyards what so ever.
No challenge at all except maybe not getting bored

johndh

Likes Dirt
Interesting to note the lack of categories in the ves, having females in the same category as males eg 40+, 3 and 2 person teams no matter their age up against each other?? Eg team of 3 60 year olds in the same category as 3 elite riders eg team torque.
As a race organised for numerous 6hrs and Epics, one thing I understood was that the majority of riders and therefore income comes from the vets and masters (the older riders) aged group, ( look at the start list for the otway) excluding them in this way will lead to smaller number of riders at events!

Last edited:

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Good Fun

Bits of fire road with lots of twisty, through the trees, single track is not boring and plenty of challenge enough after a few laps.

If you do the race as a team it is a fast and furious and a lot of fun.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
bring yer crazy SOX.

if you want to go Crazy, turn up with some crazy sox on and win the craziest sox prize.

About half the races GMBC runs are at stockyards, we generally mix it up a bit. the winners last year rode 126 km from memory ( haven't checked facts) but there are lots of dirt jumps and it is fun riding full tilt for 6 hours; Averaging around 25 km/hour .

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spoken like someone who has never raced the 6hr, being on the gas for 6hrs is challenge enough! :usa2:

The YY is my backyard, and I still enjoy riding / racing around Kurrajong.

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Good Conditions

Was at the You Yangs today riding around the plantation.
Apart from a few puddles the tracks were great.
A bit of rain makes the tracks grippy and a lot of fun.

So note to organisers of next weeks race

Pay the weather gods for a couple of showers next Thursday, then a bright sunny day next Saturday

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Excellent Conditions

Rode some laps of the Crazy 6 course this morning.

Puddles have all gone, tracks are great, no dust, looking good for next week.
Weather forecast is for showers on Wednesday and Thursday, and a cloudy day on Saturday, excellent.

Lots of team entries in already, don't forget entries on the day cost $10 more.

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
On The Day

A bit wet under wheel to start but after a few laps the track was great.
Some of the tight corners became packed down mud and it was great to fly around them.
A well organised and a well run race from GMBC.
Results are up on the GMBC page.
Roll on the next one.

Nath8

Likes Dirt
Who's riding round 2 at Lysty?

Wonder what the numbers will be like to this, or has previous events there turned people off.

RoscoeP

Likes Bikes
Planning to ride next weekend, which will be my first time to race at Lysty. Looking forward to being able to go flat out on trails I know well without having to worry about oncoming traffic.

What have been the issues with previous events there, as you imply?

paggnr

Likes Dirt
Planning to ride next weekend, which will be my first time to race at Lysty. Looking forward to being able to go flat out on trails I know well without having to worry about oncoming traffic.

What have been the issues with previous events there, as you imply?
The last time there was racing in anger at Lysty the park was effectively shut down for a year due to damage from very wet tracks. The park has had a lot of work since then so I would expect it is a much better state to handle racing

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We will be there racing in the pairs category, I assume there will be a lot of first time racers around with the traffic Lysty gets.
But then again, it's not exactly being thrust into our faces that a race is on?
Will be interesting to see the reactions to the course, it has potential to be very divisive.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I'm in, 2nd 6-hour in three weeks, so see how that works for me....

Course could rip a few legs off as the day progresses. The Games Course section is mostly up, then drop down Aneurysm, a fire road climb, that steepens as you get higher, a drop over the ridge, then climb again through Humping Hound, back through the dip then climb Middle, another drop, then climb Redgum back to the start/finish area.

The VES races don't seem to get the same promotion as the old Chase The Sun series, which is when the major damage was done a few years ago, so the course should hold up OK. It's also on one of the drier sections of the park, which will help.