VIC Ves 2015

AlanT

Likes Dirt
Buxton Bootcamp - FINALE

Hi All!

Buxton Bootcamp will be held on Sunday 8th November.

Standard start times:
6hr: rego 8:45-9:45am, start 10am
3hr: rego 11:45-12:45, start 1pm

We'll be there on Saturday and course will be open for practice from 3pm and we'll have the projector up as the sun goes down to watch a film before camping. Please feel free to camp on site - but this is an event treat ONLY - please do not camp any other night apart from Saturday the 7th of November.

More info: http://bit.ly/BB_Page
Entries are limited - so please get in before it sells out: http://bit.ly/BB_Entry

Facebook Event Page - http://bit.ly/BB2015_FBEvent

Any questions send them this way!
Otherwise catch you there :)

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
That bloody hurt! Leading in right up to the point of submitting the entry I was tossing up whether I should do the Three or the Six, and picked the Six, but in hindsight should have done the little one.... Ran out of legs just over four hours in, and that last lap was brutally painful, so I pulled the pin at the 5-hour mark. With so much out-of-the-saddle stuff, the muscles in my lower legs cracked the shits, my knees cracked the shits, my back cracked the shits, my shoulders cracked the shits.....

Buxton is a deceptive place.... Doesn't seem that nasty when you're there for a casual roll, but string a few hours together & it packs a real sting in the tail.

moorey

call me Mia
That bloody hurt! Leading in right up to the point of submitting the entry I was tossing up whether I should do the Three or the Six, and picked the Six, but in hindsight should have done the little one.... Ran out of legs just over four hours in, and that last lap was brutally painful, so I pulled the pin at the 5-hour mark. With so much out-of-the-saddle stuff, the muscles in my lower legs cracked the shits, my knees cracked the shits, my back cracked the shits, my shoulders cracked the shits.....

Buxton is a deceptive place.... Doesn't seem that nasty when you're there for a casual roll, but string a few hours together & it packs a real sting in the tail.
It is indeed brutal. I was very unfit again leading into it this year. First cramps started mid 3rd lap. Totally crippled me, and slowed me to a snail pace for the rest of that lap and the 4th. My mate stopped after 4, but I went out for a last slow one, cramping all the way. Got in at the 5h 50min mark after my 5, wasn't going out again. I'm guessing you got 5 in, but a lot quicker than me. Love the track, don't love trying to race it for 6h.
Good to catch up briefly again mate. Art Vanderlay caught me mid cramp up snakes and ladders for a chat. I was in a bad place :behindsofa:

stirk

Burner
It is indeed brutal. I was very unfit again leading into it this year. First cramps started mid 3rd lap. Totally crippled me, and slowed me to a snail pace for the rest of that lap and the 4th. My mate stopped after 4, but I went out for a last slow one, cramping all the way. Got in at the 5h 50min mark after my 5, wasn't going out again. I'm guessing you got 5 in, but a lot quicker than me. Love the track, don't love trying to race it for 6h.
Good to catch up briefly again mate. Art Vanderlay caught me mid cramp up snakes and ladders for a chat. I was in a bad place :behindsofa:
And I thought you were an elite athlete like me...:behindsofa:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Yeah, I got 5 in, pretty well bang-on 5 hours. GPS said 4:56 give or take a few seconds when I stopped it, but that didn't take into account the few minutes I stopped for after the third lap to change bottles & have a bit of a stretch.

Didn't see you on course while I was riding, but did spot you & call out on what was ultimately one of your last corners for the day in the bermy bit at the end after I'd called a day. :wink:

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Art Vanderlay caught me mid cramp up snakes and ladders for a chat. I was in a bad place :behindsofa:
I did and I apologise to all for not having my phone to capture it. I offered him a gel but he declined. Glad to hear you made it back alive. He was nice to me

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, I got 5 in, pretty well bang-on 5 hours. GPS said 4:56 give or take a few seconds when I stopped it, but that didn't take into account the few minutes I stopped for after the third lap to change bottles & have a bit of a stretch.

Didn't see you on course while I was riding, but did spot you & call out on what was ultimately one of your last corners for the day in the bermy bit at the end after I'd called a day. :wink:
My runkeeper showed 5.12 of actual riding time. Spent about 10 min for drinks and food stops, so about 30 min stuck on the side of the track with crippling cramp, by my reckoning :crutch:
Where did the Elite bit come from? It only stated you're an Arse Clown!
It's an honorary title.

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
It is definitely a tough place to race - I love burning around Buckie for 1-2 hours but anymore than that puts me in a place I'd rather not be. Glad to do the 3 hour and finish after 3.35 with 4 laps. Didn't see anyone cramping badly off the bike...

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Ha! Fwiw, I cramped out of snakes and ladders on lap 3 and 4 but just managed to ride them out... Paying for it today