Urban exploration.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
bit of a grave dig...

Anyone know where this is ?

To quote from the site I took this.. thats the first 15m of a 100m abseil into the biggest RCP in Aus... Im intrigued

skivi

Likes Dirt
i think it's part of a snowy river dam. i remember reading about it on the site you found it on or one like it.

i never did get to go to a C. C. new explorers expo, every time they have one i'm busy.

Oby

Cannon Fodder
Hi all,
Just found the forum whilst googling for urbex stuff. Im way keen to have a peek around if anyones looking for an exploration mate. Im particularly keen in that big funnel thing out bush somewhere, be great to abseil into that thing! anyway, pm me if u like

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
I don't want to go into too much detail, but there MAY have been a window left open one night when the builders left the local Town Hall for the night after doing redevelopment work. PM me if you want more details.

JX8P

Likes Dirt
Where are some good spots in Melbourne to investigate? i havent been on a mission for ages now :eek:

DWNHLR01

Likes Dirt
Cool thread!

Anywhere in Cairns? I know of the abandoned barron hydroelectric plant...apprently it’s pretty sketchy to get to.

I've heard about a cave near the redlynch quarry...But that's not really urban..

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I'm not really a fan of blowing up locations like this, but Psalm gets my respect for being a good artist....

http://www.psalmantics.blogspot.com/
Would love to see more of that doco! PS: some of those sites in the older posts are amazing! right up my alley! The old gllies pie factory here has opened up, went in the other day when i found a small door opened, tis just like these sites. Will go back with a camera when I'm not busy and if it's not shut. Almost looked like there's been a make shift music concert in there.

Last edited:

floody

Wheel size expert
Sad to see John Valves site smashed up and Norvil being pulled down, once upon a time they were big employers in Ballarat.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
Anyone know where this is ?

To quote from the site I took this.. thats the first 15m of a 100m abseil into the biggest RCP in Aus... Im intrigued
Some friends tried to go up there a few days ago to skate the fullpipe that the funnel leads down into, but they found that the roads were closed off and couldn't get too close to it without walking for quite a while.
If you find the DVD called 'Tent City' by ANtihero, you will see some footage of it. Might even be on youtube, I haven't looked.

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone in Perth know of some cool stuff to explore. I live in mundaring but don't mind traveling for some cool stuff.

Bobby_Digital

Likes Bikes
i dont know if anyone has mentioned it, but there is a cool Silo in metro melbourne that you can climb up, pretty fun and a cool view of the city!
been up there a couple of times now, first time i think we were up there for 2 hours sitting there and taking pic's.

JX8P

Likes Dirt
i dont know if anyone has mentioned it, but there is a cool Silo in metro melbourne that you can climb up, pretty fun and a cool view of the city!
been up there a couple of times now, first time i think we were up there for 2 hours sitting there and taking pic's.
Sounds good Bobby_D, can you pm me the address?
not gunna hit it up but just want to do some recon on it..

So is any one doing any urbex this weekend?