Uber bike pads shredding the rotor

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Seriously that damage is from a few runs at Meehan? No pad should be doing that.

I've seen some gnarly damage to rotors on cars that run track day pads and try and use that setup on a daily. The pads never get up to temp and just gouge the crap out of the rotors. I've never seen this on a pushie though.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Sorry, I meant the minimum thickness for them, if they're OK just slop a new set of pads on them.
Couple of raised bits on them to tear up new pads. Screw it, I’ll burn through a collection of old half used pads on them. Good brakes are over rated anyway.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Couple of raised bits on them to tear up new pads. Screw it, I’ll burn through a collection of old half used pads on them. Good brakes are over rated anyway.
Sand the high spots off. I ran resin pads for years, and all that happened was the rotors glazed all the time, and I had to keep on deglazing the rotors every few months to stop all the noise. Even the genuine Sram semi-metallic brake pads tore my rotors up.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Sand the high spots off. I ran resin pads for years, and all that happened was the rotors glazed all the time, and I had to keep on deglazing the rotors every few months to stop all the noise. Even the genuine Sram semi-metallic brake pads tore my rotors up.
Meh, I’ll just shred the collection of old pads and let them wear stuff off :)