Tubeless setup

moorey

call me Mia
Prepare for a shitfight of opinions.
I only use Stans Race or occasionally Orange( because Felix won it) now. Cooler climate here though.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
So standard Stans or the Race variety?
I got a bottle of the race version once. Didn't notice any performance difference, but that's very dependent on circumstances I guess.

@moorey does the race version dry out/separate quicker than the standard one? If so, might not be ideal in the tropics.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Also, is Joes any good?
I found Joes and Stans pretty interchangeable and similar. Bought Joes a couple of times because it was discounted/cheaper and never had any issues. Did have a half empty bottle go bad on the shelf over time but it probably sat there unused for a year so don't know how many would have survived that anyway.

Currently using some blue Bontrager shit because it was the only thing I could get at short notice a while ago, and actually it's pretty good. Has a particulate matter in it like Peaty's et al but the sealant itself is pretty low viscosity so it seems to get good coverage. Haven't had any punctures with it though so no idea how it'll seal up when I need it.

moorey

call me Mia
I got a bottle of the race version once. Didn't notice any performance difference, but that's very dependent on circumstances I guess.

@moorey does the race version dry out/separate quicker than the standard one? If so, might not be ideal in the tropics.
I can’t really answer that sorry. Haven’t noted a difference. Stans doesn’t turn into golfball sized boogers like some. At least not in my climate.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I've been using Joes as it's cheap and I rarely get punctures. Partly because I'm not riding as much now, but mostly because I'm a wuss.
I wrap the bottle in aluminium foil and keep it in as dark a spot as possible in the garage. The latex will turn to shit if exposed to light. I don't know why the latex based sealants aren't kept in opaque bottles.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I can’t really answer that sorry. Haven’t noted a difference. Stans doesn’t turn into golfball sized boogers like some. At least not in my climate.
It used to do it sometimes but I honestly have only noticed it once in the last couple of years so maybe they changed 'the formula'?

Flow-Rider

Burner
The only time I have problems sealing a puncture is when it's a pinch flat and the holes are huge, I just put a plug in them and away I go again, it might be a different story if you're racing though as in you wouldn't want to waste the time.

I tried the caffelatex for the first time too and it sealed the tyre straight away after I mounted it, nothing coming out of the sidewalls yet either. I haven't sprung a leak yet so don't know how well it seals the bigger holes.

Jpez

Down on the left!

Ive used the Stans standard and Now use the Race version. I was finding I was getting a lot of punctures with the standard that just wouldn’t seal.
went to the Race and every puncture has sealed fine. Even patched a large hole with 2-3 plugs and it lasted about 6 months before I retired the tire.

Ive not noticed any difference in the standard and race drying up.

Totally happy with the Race but yeah it is expensive.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Well seeing that I don't smash through rock gardens (that could change with the new bike!) then the standard Stans looks the best bet.