Tubeless - puncture not sealing

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Dynaplug kit and carry the GI tool and strips inside a puncture repair kit, can only remember using it on my own tyres once, yet on my second GI kit and had to buy a refill kit for my Dynaplug set too. They seem to work well on other peoples tyres...

I bought the Dynaplug kit around ~2014-15 for a stage race, they were only about $50 then, friggin expensive bits of kit now.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I already carry a tube but I’d prefer it to be the last resort because it’s a pain in the arse to put it in trailside, not to mention all the sealant that goes everywhere.

Thanks @Flow-Rider, that kit looks the shizz. @Scotty675, are those patches for the inside or outside of the tyre (guessing inside)?

Edit: @ozzybmx, this one looks like a lower cost version (to tack onto ze bestellen), but doesn’t come with the tools like the metal kits.

Edit edit: helps to actually provide the link.

Last edited:

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I've got the Dynaplug thing. Used for the first time just now on a pesky slow leak that won't seal.

Tomorrow will be the test of whether it holds.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I already carry a tube but I’d prefer it to be the last resort because it’s a pain in the arse to put it in trailside, not to mention all the sealant that goes everywhere.

Thanks @Flow-Rider, that kit looks the shizz. @Scotty675, are those patches for the inside or outside of the tyre (guessing inside)?
If you get a kit like that with the Bacon strips, pre-load one in the fork tool at home because they can be quite tight to pull through the eye of the fork but it can be done trail side. If you get a really large hole you can insert more than one strip in the hole too.

Last edited:

Scotty675

Cable thief

Edit: @ozzybmx, this one looks like a lower cost version (to tack onto ze bestellen), but doesn’t come with the tools like the metal kits.
They go on the inside to stop tube blowing out. Got me back to the car (about 8km) after this one.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Schwalbe rider, I see you like to live dangerously

I've had to use a plug once and it held until I replaced the tyre about a year later. I carry them on every ride just in case.
Haha, funnily enough that's my longest lived tyre - it's been on the front for the life of the bike. The knobs are starting to fray so it hasn't got long now.

I've been through about four rear tyres in that time.

Only buy Maxxis these days, because forum says so.

safreek

I have it on good authority (google net) that you should be putting glitter into your sealant. Fucked if I know if it works, I still use dinosaur tubes

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I'd keep an eye out on future press releases from the big companies..... ;)

Last edited:

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Is that the EVO TLE casing ? I've got one that I've used as a spare and it's lasted surprisingly well.
Yeah it is. A lot of hate for Schwobble on here, but that tyre is lasting very nicely.

There's plenty of sharp little rocks up on Stromlo, and the sidewalls have held up well.