Trying to Sync my Ipod

stoff

Likes Dirt
I will appreciate any help I can get here.

I am trying to Sync my Ipod to my PC. I remember it was equally as painful last time I tried to do it, but I can't remember how I did it. Running and Ipod classic to a Vista Laptop running Itunes 8.1.10 which Apple assures me is the latest. All content is above board, so if anyone has experienced this and knows the solution, any help is appreciated. (and i have run all the wizards, etc)

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What is actually wrong? Syncing is pretty straight forward. Do you have to much content in your itunes for your ipod?

stoff

Likes Dirt
I'm not really good at this, so this is how it goes. I downloaded a new album from Itunes today. Tried to connect my Ipod so it would sync to my Ipod. This is the same Ipod that was last synced to my PC, but it wont recognise the Ipod. The only thing I get is an option to safely disconnect the hardware on the tool bar opposite the quick start bar. Basically the computer just wont recognise my Ipod. Happy to delete everything and re-sync the lot (its all on the PC), which is what I think I did last time, but cant rememeber how.

Also, I am in the UK now, and bought the Ipod in Australia if that makes a difference.

dr.matt

Likes Dirt
Im sure you click on file than click on sync ipod.
You can only sync your ipod on 5 different computers me thinks...

stoff

Likes Dirt
Wish it was that easy - I have only ever used this Ipod on two computers, and last synced it to this one. I cant select 'sync ipod' on the file menu.

stoff

Likes Dirt
It has finally recognised my Ipod as corrupted, which it did last time I went through this to sync it. Dont know why or how, but its about to work now.

Peanut, it was still set to auto update. Does this make a difference? I know I had antivirus problems downloading of Itunes, but have changed AV companies since I left Aus. Anyway for whatever reason, and after a fair bit of messing around with deleting and reinstalling drivers its working.

Thanks to those who responded. Its time for bed here now.

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the best way i have found to sync an i pod is to attach a rock to it and throw it in the nearest lake.