Trail Maintenance Sunday 7 October

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
The TMBC will be holding a trail maintenance day on Sunday 7 October.
Details on what time and if we will be meeting at Harvey st or Amos rd will be posted up as soon as I have confirmation on materials for the Frenzy.

Priorities for the day
Frenzy- Armouring 180 corner near the old shute
- Creating water drains in problem area's from the grassy knoll down
Reaper- rebuilding the top two corners of the xc section
- start building up the berms at the start of the xc section

The Frenzy will be the main priority due to council expectations and as such we need to see a big turn out from the DHers, when we have sufficient numbers working on the Frenzy the rest can work on the Reaper.
All MTBers are encouraged to show up and refreshments for the volunteers will be provided at the end of the day.
If there are any other suggestions for improvments or maintenance issues post up.

We will be holding regular maintenace days on the first sunday of every month, if you can spare a couple of hours of your time it will be greatly appreciated and it will help create a top quality network of trails.

Trail Maintenance Co-ordinator
Peter Young

G'day Pete,

Mate, I work away and seem to be missing the vast majority of maintenance days and club meetings. I'm very keen to put in my share of work, as such I was wondering if someone could post here or on the clubs facebook page any maintenance that could be carried out by interested parties between maintenance days. Something with a good description and pictures would be ideal or if that is too time consuming, just a short description would suffice. I'm happy to just jump in and get digging and clearing though with some direction from those in the know, my contributions would be of greater value to master plan.

Cheers Red.

bobbob

Squid
Hey Pete,

I would love to help with maintenance but found the previous late starts (14:00) restrictive.
I have a young family and work 3 Sundays out of 4.
I am happy to commit one of these Sundays to trail maintenance but would appreciate an earlier start.

What were the plans for these days?
On the Sundays I do work I usually don't start till late (15:00) so could possibly help in the morning.

Let me know. Bob McRoberts

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
Gday Bob and Red
I am waiting to hear the plans of the Dh crew as they will possibly have a relatively big day on their hands so will possibly be starting earlier, if xc is more your thing then there will be plenty of brushcutting to be done throughout the warmer months. Brushcutting is probably the most straight forward but nessecary jobs that need to be done. Otherwise I will start putting up small jobs that need to be done on the sticky in this section of the forum.
Peter Young

(Mate, I work away and seem to be missing the vast majority of maintenance days and club meetings. I'm very keen to put in my share of work, as such I was wondering if someone could post here or on the clubs facebook page any maintenance that could be carried out by interested parties between maintenance days. Something with a good description and pictures would be ideal or if that is too time consuming, just a short description would suffice. I'm happy to just jump in and get digging and clearing though with some direction from those in the know, my contributions would be of greater value to master plan.
Cheers Red.)

Hey Pete,

I would love to help with maintenance but found the previous late starts (14:00) restrictive.
I have a young family and work 3 Sundays out of 4.
I am happy to commit one of these Sundays to trail maintenance but would appreciate an earlier start.

What were the plans for these days?
On the Sundays I do work I usually don't start till late (15:00) so could possibly help in the morning.

Let me know. Bob McRoberts

Last edited: