Tour De Farkin 2023 - Starts Sat 1st July

creaky

XMAS Plumper
@ozzybmx
Am I recalling correctly that we need to select two riders from each of the ‘categories’, or can you select as many as you want from any category?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@ozzybmx
Am I recalling correctly that we need to select two riders from each of the ‘categories’, or can you select as many as you want from any category?

you cannot exceed 5 all-rounders, 3 climbers, 3 sprinters and 3 leaders in your squad.

My team is picked but I'll get a bit of time in the next few days to study up the form and finalise ;)

Be careful when planning a swap mid game as its caught me before, trying to put a 4th leader in.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what's the rough cost to do a trade?
I assume it gets more expensive the further into the tour we get, but in the first week are we talking closer to 5 points or 15?

ozzybmx

what's the rough cost to do a trade?
I assume it gets more expensive the further into the tour we get, but in the first week are we talking closer to 5 points or 15?
Everyone has 8 trades. Plan carefully :) Sometimes you have to carry a rider that has no chance in a stage just to save him for a later stage. You can't clear out 3 climbers and put in 3 sprinters every time there's a flat stage or two... well you can but it will bite you in the ass later.

Rider prices do not change, whatever price they are now, is the price to the end.

ozzybmx

I've broken my #1 rule, always leave 2-4 credits spare for trades.

I have zero left.

Reckon it the hardest to pick in quite a few years.

Who for double points team leader o_O

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Current GC top 5:

IMG_5218.png

One sprint stage, then a couple of mountains, then another couple of flat/sprint stages I believe.

@ozzybmx - do we have 8 rider swaps through the race?

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Going to stick with the same team throughout. Will only swap a rider if they crash out.
I only have one ok sprinter which I think will be my undoing. In the long term he is a chance for the green jersey though.