The youtube and google video thread (MTB and non-MTB vids)

bear the bear

Is a real bear
They don’t seem to translate. He has handy self taught auto and electrical skills, great at woodworking and blacksmithing, but even when he tries really hard, he struggles with bike stuff. I’ve spoiled him, and always done too much, but always try to include him on maintenance and builds. He’ll get there.
Pull his rig a part two days before this next important race. and tell him its a re-build... he will learn real quick

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Shite.
Even now, Auscycling loves BMX, ignores MTB.
Yep, mountain biking has a bigger general participation than road, track and BMX put together but it’s very low on AusCycling’s priority list.
Unfortunately AusCycling is all about pure elite level racing, and grass roots hardly get a look in.

moorey

call me Mia
Yep, mountain biking has a bigger general participation than road, track and BMX put together but it’s very low on AusCycling’s priority list.
Unfortunately AusCycling is all about pure elite level racing, and grass roots hardly get a look in.
I emailed both CEO and national MTB director last week expressing my frustration about lack of representation by AC. MTB director emailed back saying he’d like to discuss, and agreed to call me at 4.30 Thursday.
Waited. No call.
He emailed next day asking to try again. Agreed to call 4.30 Friday.
Waited. No call.
Expected an apology email or a call today.
Nothing.
He may well have good reason, but it feels indicative of the fucks given.

Last edited:

bear the bear

Is a real bear
You forgot @moorey's favourite discipline... gravel. It's pulling good numbers and I hope it stays the fuck away from CA/ UCI.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
They can’t 100% ignore MTB, even XC which even MTBers aren’t interested in.
Fair. I like reading up on results and looking at the pictures but not something I really want to get into. I guess Enduro is probably where it’s at as represents your trail riders more. Ride up race down.