The stupid questions thread.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why does the aircon in my car smell like cat piss when I first turn it on? :noidea:
Yup happens, hose down the top of your vehicle, especially air intakes. Fixes it alot faster, but invest in some air freshener in the meantime!

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Yes! Same here.
You drive a nissan patrol too?
Fixed mine! Cranked the heater in the car for about 15mins. Apparently if the water isn't draining properly you get mould and other unpleasant things growing in the aircon. Blasting the heater kills all the nasties.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
How would the fuel economy on a mid-large size van (say 2.0- 2.5Litre diesel) compare against an older (mid 90's) Falcon/Commodore (4.0 litre petrol)? Better? Worse? Marginal difference? Huge difference?

I'm thinking of doing a campervan conversion to a White-Van (Ideally a Mercedes Sprinter but more likely a Ford Transit) and I want to have a good idea on the practicalities of running a van instead of a car.

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
How would the fuel economy on a mid-large size van (say 2.0- 2.5Litre diesel) compare against an older (mid 90's) Falcon/Commodore (4.0 litre petrol)? Better? Worse? Marginal difference? Huge difference?

I'm thinking of doing a campervan conversion to a White-Van (Ideally a Mercedes Sprinter but more likely a Ford Transit) and I want to have a good idea on the practicalities of running a van instead of a car.
Our work vehicles are 2.5 litre turbo diesel Tritons and 2.3 litre Transits and have lopped major $$$$ off our fuel costs. I've never sat down and worked out specific mileage [fuel cards make it easy to ignore that stuff], but they are powerfull and frugal.
I love the Transits; they have a Tardis like capacity and pull like a train.

rumblefish

Likes Dirt
Why do horses have to train so early in the morning? They race in the afternoon so I thought that would be a more appropriate time to train.

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
you could restrict it but it would not be legal... do the right thing and buy yourself a motard... maybe a husky 610 or 630smr... fastest learner legal bike around and a bucket load of fun.

i think it is harder to keep a license on a motard than it is a powerful sportsbike because of the simply stupid things that you end up doing on them.

and they crash well too... as in when you do crash them they dont normally cost much to fix as they are pretty much designed to be crashed off road etc...

brodie_rider

Likes Dirt
If you were to taste alcohol, but not drink it. Example, strawing a cocktail and spitting it out, would you end up blowing anything on a breathalyzer?

downhillar

Likes Dirt
I think if you blew in the breathylyzer straight away then yes you would get a ready as there would be alcohol residue in your mouth still.

But if you were to test it again say 30-60minutes after tasting then no I don't think you'd be above 0.00 :)

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Interesting scenario, because if you do get pulled up you'll probably have something on your breath. But if you went down to the station for a blood test, it wouldn't register a drop so you'd probably be alright - minus the annoyance of having to go to the station and being treated like a criminal.