The stupid questions thread.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I don't underestimate the power of water - I've used UHP water blasters at work and seen it cut through concrete. Not pointing the nozzle at close range into any seals, bearings etc is a no-brainer. I'm just interested to find out if anyone has used them with a bit of common sense and still had it all turn to shit, or is it one of those statements that everyone assumes is true but no one has ever confirmed.

A bit like how a swan could break your arm yet no one has ever met anyone who has suffered from swan-related limb injuries...
Spray it down with wd40 when you're finished and it will all be fine.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Are Swan dives included?

Ok, so back to pics in posts.
When adding pics to a post there are two options.
1st - Clicking on the little thumbnail above the editor which will insert a link - No trouble with this one.
2nd - Clicking on 'manage attachments below the editor which will add the uploaded photos to the post without any visible link.
Question, how do I remove pics if I've uploaded them using the 2nd option (as they don't appear in the editor)?
Go advanced...

Buntley

Likes Dirt
I don't underestimate the power of water - I've used UHP water blasters at work and seen it cut through concrete. Not pointing the nozzle at close range into any seals, bearings etc is a no-brainer. I'm just interested to find out if anyone has used them with a bit of common sense and still had it all turn to shit, or is it one of those statements that everyone assumes is true but no one has ever confirmed.

A bit like how a swan could break your arm yet no one has ever met anyone who has suffered from swan-related limb injuries...
I use mine all the time, its quick and effective, particularly on the drive train. Like you say, it's common sense..... mines a 2200psi washer, so its not that powerful, adjust the nozzle so it's a spray rather than a jet. Don't drive water directly into bearings and seals, and in particular stay well away from suspension. Been using it for 2 years with no issue, Dunno if I would be so keen if I had a carbon frame though.

stirk

Burner
My chain has worn to 12 and 1/16 inches over 12 links but still works perfectly well together. I tried throwing on a new chain but it skipped badly on the cassette.

How much longer can I stretch the relationship of the old cassette and chain before I install a new M8000 drivetrain?

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
My chain has worn to 12 and 1/16 inches over 12 links but still works perfectly well together. I tried throwing on a new chain but it skipped badly on the cassette.

How much longer can I stretch the relationship of the old cassette and chain before I install a new M8000 drivetrain?
You have 3 months, 4 days, 6 hours and 21 minutes left before it catches fire

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn

Until the old chain starts to skip across the old cassette or your shifting becomes slow and intermittent. The old chain and cassette have worn perfectly to each other and will continue to work until the cassette sprocket teeth get worn to the point the chain skips over them (that can be a painful experience if you're standing on the pedals, so might be wise to replace it earlier)

If you're going to install a new drivetrain, I'd just ride the current one into the ground.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse

Had a mate killed by a Daddy Long Legs.

Minlak

custom titis
Had a mate killed by a Daddy Long Legs.
Must have been before 1979......

How many dangerous spider bites occur in Australia each year? Has anyone died from a bite recently?
There have been no deaths in Australia from a confirmed spider bite since 1979. An effective antivenom for Redback Spiders was introduced in 1956, and one for funnel-web spiders in 1980. These are the only two spiders that have caused deaths in Australia in the past.

Minlak

custom titis
Must have been before 1979......

How many dangerous spider bites occur in Australia each year? Has anyone died from a bite recently?
There have been no deaths in Australia from a confirmed spider bite since 1979. An effective antivenom for Redback Spiders was introduced in 1956, and one for funnel-web spiders in 1980. These are the only two spiders that have caused deaths in Australia in the past.
I tell a lie 1 in the last 37years

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...after-spider-bite-during-australian-bushwalk/