The Snow Thread

Battler

Likes Dirt
Yer unfortunatly already tried there, everything is book out even the scout hall and rec centre, cant beleive there is no budget accomodation available.

Battler

Likes Dirt
Thanks mate, finally managed to squeeze into the backpackers for a few nights, nice and cheap at $45 buks a night, so its good on the budget.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nice and cheap at $45 buks a night, so its good on the budget.
Not sure what the standard is in Aussie but that's heaps! We're only paying $22 a night at the odd occasion we're backpackering it at Wanaka, and that's at the most expensive place in town!

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Camping is by far the cheapest! Afterwards the $50-$100/night for accommodation would be bloody worth it!

Im lucky enough to have a relative living not too far away :cool:

wazzaa

Likes Bikes
Been thinking about going next weekend to thredbo/perisher....

Is currently worth doing a weekend at the snow over a weekend riding?

Have been looking on the net and it seems like only 50% of runs are open.... plus im guessing its likely to be super busy.

actionchris

Likes Dirt
Been thinking about going next weekend to thredbo/perisher....

Is currently worth doing a weekend at the snow over a weekend riding?

Have been looking on the net and it seems like only 50% of runs are open.... plus im guessing its likely to be super busy.
Just got back from a week at perisher/thredbo. There are enough runs open to keep you interested. Thredbo would be my pick, so much longer and steeper than perisher. Its definately worth it i had a ball, the supertrail is open nearely to the top, merrits was a lot of fun and some of the runs down the centre of the moountain were great. At perisher the only runs that were worth doing were the ones with the snow guns on them. I didnt go over the blue cow or guthega so im not sure what there like. The most i had to wait for a lift was about fifteen minutes, this was a t perisher. At thredbo it was a max of about three.

Geordsta

Likes Dirt
Just got back from 3 full days boarding at Mt. Buller on a school trip. I had heaps of fun! The snow was average-ish from what I can remember from Buller, it was mostly man made but it did the job. My knee's hurt now though which sucks, I think it's from the twisty movements and things required, I'm not sure.

pocket_cup

Likes Dirt
ive managed to scrape enough money together to go on a second trip this season, ive been spending all my pay cheques on it, not even leaving enough money for petrol each week :p, and i all the snow is making me sssoooo pumped for it!!!!

Battler

Likes Dirt
Not sure what the standard is in Aussie but that's heaps! We're only paying $22 a night at the odd occasion we're backpackering it at Wanaka, and that's at the most expensive place in town!
Haha nup 45 buks a night is pretty freaking good for a bed kitchen area plus tv lounge and all the other general comforts well worth an extra 20 buks a night instead of camping. Devo about the massive snow fall now im back.

Was so icy, really frustrating for snowboarders.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone seen the northern winter this year? 2 days until I fly to Japan, pretty keen!

[video=vimeo;35439665]http://vimeo.com/35439665[/video]

brodie_rider

Likes Dirt
First time out of Aussie snow, up in Switzerland in champerey. Hadnover a meter in the last day and night, and still falling.

However, the -22 temperature that's expected is definitely not something I'm looking forward to.

Binaural

Eats Squid
First time out of Aussie snow, up in Switzerland in champerey. Hadnover a meter in the last day and night, and still falling.

However, the -22 temperature that's expected is definitely not something I'm looking forward to.
The snow around there is great - light and powdery. Don't worry about the low temperatures too much. Remember, there's no such thing as cold weather, only the wrong clothing ;)