The QUICK question thread.....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
No shame in the width. I think most of my outdated 26 inch wheel collection is 28mm internal, so not that different.
DH rims from 2008 ?

To be honest, in 2011'ish I was riding 2.4 Racing Ralphs on 19mm internal rims, they were awesome. Come 2017 I get told they wont ever work, no grip, wrong tread shape, unstable, knobs too far up the sidewall, burps, rolls... fucking death trap.

28mm is plenty for anything from XC to DH.

moorey

call me Mia
I think Deemax are still only 28mm. Those 2mm must be crucial, hey. Crossmax enduro were closer to 20 internal, the last set I looked at. Mates brutalised those for years without problems.
I’ve got plenty of sets with older flow EX that are 26mm. Been going strong for years. Most of my current sets are around 30. So are they. 35mm, not so much.
Wider rims certainly don’t seem to equate to stronger rims. I have one stupid 40mm set bought by accident. Ticking time bomb.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Just go to Nextie and channel your inner BMX Bandit;
Yeah nah, I just couldn't. Even if they were the greatest wheels ever, still a 'no' from me.

@ozzybmx - Did you see Nextie have a gravel frame for sale now? 27.2mm seat post is disappointing/dropper choice limiting though.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@ozzybmx - Did you see Nextie have a gravel frame for sale now? 27.2mm seat post is disappointing/dropper choice limiting though.
No I didn't. Just looked, also not great that it only fits a 29 x 47mm. Just an open mould Chi carbon frame painted with Nextie decals on it.

Better off with a $300 BXT 29" frame and drop bar it.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
No I didn't. Just looked, also not great that it only fits a 29 x 47mm. Just an open mould Chi carbon frame painted with Nextie decals on it.

Better off with a $300 BXT 29" frame and drop bar it.
I'm not looking to purchase, just found it surprising they'd started offering frames. I like that it has longer chainstays than most of the open mould gravel frames though. For me 47mm tyre clearance would be adequate. 29er MTB tyres (even in a file-tread) feel so much slower than the 44mm-ish gravel tyres, and if I wanted more tyre than that I'd probably be on an XC bike anyway.