The QUICK question thread.....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
One of our boys is looking a t a bike with Rockshox 35 Gold forks. Does any one know if the damper can be upgraded? I have heard that these forks usually are OEM and not easily modified. Thanks
Found the thread from a while back. A bit of info in there.

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
Probably a Mo-Co damper in it which is pretty basic. Depending on stanchion ID, it may be possible to drop a Charger damper in it.
Damper threads are different, so even though 35mm stanchions they're not compatible with the Pike / Lyrik upgrades. There is a company that does sell a drop in damper upgrade, but unclear if its worth it.

For what it's worth, mine got replaced under warranty due to severe stiction, even after they replaced just the lowers. Probably not worth pursuing.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
Just wondering when burners with pinion box bikes have first serviced (changed oil in) their gearboxes? Pinion manual states 10,000km / 1 year, but I thought when running in gearbox it may be a shorter timeframe?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Just wondering when burners with pinion box bikes have first serviced (changed oil in) their gearboxes? Pinion manual states 10,000km / 1 year, but I thought when running in gearbox it may be a shorter timeframe?
I did my first oil change at about the 11 month mark.

Well when I say change, half was already gone due to a seal that died (set of seals and oil change replaced free of charge).

The boxes aren't under a huge amount of strain like a car box, so they don't need changing more than that.

The oil I removed was a darker shade of red, not black or super dark and there weren't any bits or anything like that hiding in there either.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
I might have to look at one in the future..I've gone back to running the carbon fork on mine, but put a 10mm bottom cup extender on it to get the frame back closer to where it's designed to be.