The Photo Snob Thread

bhooper

Barfarker
Going for an early morning shoot tomorrow (5:45am) with my mate for some surfing shots as he needs them for his sponsor's website.
Just wondering if I can get some tips to help me get the best out of the morning. One problem I can foresee is that the surfer will be darkened by the sun rising behind him.
If its any help, ill be shooting a 7D w/ 70-200 f2.8.

All help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
-Ben

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
Going for an early morning shoot tomorrow (5:45am) with my mate for some surfing shots as he needs them for his sponsor's website.
Just wondering if I can get some tips to help me get the best out of the morning. One problem I can foresee is that the surfer will be darkened by the sun rising behind him.
If its any help, ill be shooting a 7D w/ 70-200 f2.8.

All help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
-Ben
You will need more than 200 for any strong images, as Andrew said, try find a way to get a teleconverter

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Also, where exactly are you going? You might get lucky and actually be shooting in a more northerly or southerly direction to save you from the sun a bit. Otherwise you'll just have to shoot tight (which most of the time you want to for surfing anyway - hence the 2x TC), expose for the water/surfer and let what little sky you have in your images be blown out.

bhooper

Barfarker
Do what you did there, and wait for the surfer to get air or come into light on top of the wave. It's way too hard to try and brighten up the surfer in front of the wave afterwards.
That was in the afternoon though. Oh well, looks like im not going anyway with the mad storm....

Last edited:

tim_d

Likes Dirt

One from today. Heaps more in my Flickr, any constructive criticism on this one?
EDIT: needs a bit of a crop of the bottom left corner I'm thinking..

Last edited:

Hugle

Likes Dirt
I think i like the second edit much more craig, seems more punchy (for want of a better word??) to me :)

Quick Self portrait as i was playing with the new flash, thoughts?

CraigS

Likes Dirt
I think i like the second edit much more craig, seems more punchy (for want of a better word??) to me :)
snip
Quick Self portrait as i was playing with the new flash, thoughts?
Thanks, I like your portrait but it looks like the focus is more on your chin and not your eyes, otherwise nice

wazza2282

Likes Dirt
I resized these to 420x720 so please excuse the IQ (they upload fast)

Weekend fun....you get the idea :)

How do you guys get your images to upload so clear? i resize them and upload, what do i do wrong? if i dont resize they will be 10megs.

Last edited:

CraigS

Likes Dirt
I resized these to 420x720 so please excuse the IQ (they upload fast)

Weekend fun....you get the idea :)

How do you guys get your images to upload so clear? i resize them and upload, what do i do wrong? if i dont resize they will be 10megs.
snip
Cool pic.
Most of my images are sized down to 8-10meg so I can upload to flickr. Full res on mine are @60meg

wazza2282

Likes Dirt
Cool pic.
Most of my images are sized down to 8-10meg so I can upload to flickr. Full res on mine are @60meg
60megs after editing or off camera? Mine are around 10 straight from camera (7D) once they are edited they are crazy big. and thats .jpg not raw.

wazza2282

Likes Dirt
uploaded using photobucket @ 14megs.

It's not sharp at all here as it is on my comp. going to try flikr.

3megs on fliker

Last edited: