The Photo Snob Thread

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
Alan, the beach shot is my favourite of the lot, really good way of capturing those trees. My shots from the beach turned out crap in comparison.

Darian, the boat in the Sound is sick. Such a good atmosphere!

And since we're all doing it... let's have a 100% pure New Zealand night:

Last edited:
You four guys should, right now, publish a book from your trip and put me up high on the list for an early copy. All, and I mean all, of those photos are stunning. Well done guys.

Drew.

Eats Squid
Mr. Smith; loving them. All your shots are just making me want to be in NZ right now, instead I have to wait another year. fuck.

Boring, but thought i'd share anyway.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
failllll........
If that's in regards to my post, then I kinda agree. Nothing too interesting.
It's all marketed towards consumers...

The new 85 f/1.4 was also released (which I posted a few pages ago) - an update to what was one of the most outstanding Nikon lenses of all time. Unfortunately, despite AF-S, it's not as fast as one would think it is, and the creamy bokeh of the old 85 f/1.4D is not quite there either. Apparently the 135mm f/2 DC will be getting a facelift too...

*sigh*

Drew.

Eats Squid
For those of you into surf photograghy. Possibly the coolest thing I have seen.
http://www.redbullillume.com/gallery/final-images-2007/new-creativity/jimmy-wilson.html

Also, the Redbull Illume top 50 winner is announced shortly.
http://redbullillume.com/
Wowwwww. this shot http://www.redbullillume.com/gallery/final-images-2007/new-creativity/mattias-fredriksson.html takes it for me, simply stunning, it just....works! And strobed surf shots are without a doubt the future.

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
Theres been so many fucking good shots on here lately!

Apparently the 135mm f/2 DC will be getting a facelift too...
That lens is so good I don't know how you could improve on it, apart from an AFS drive.

Anyhow, don't know who this guy is... but his reputation precedes him...

Last edited:

jimmy_22

Likes Dirt
went moutnainboarding for the first time in 4 months due to injury. heres a shot of my sponsor on a fun little drop in the bottom section of the youyangs DH track. absolutlely loving the 7d and 50 1.8

Drew.

Eats Squid
Theres been so many fucking good shots on here lately!

That lens is so good I don't know how you could improve on it, apart from an AFS drive.

Anyhow, don't know who this guy is... but his reputation precedes him...
Nice Andrew, though, in my opinion it's a bit under exposed, and the models boobs aren't big enough. I think i'd like to see this same shot, but late afternoon with maybe couple stops down on the aperture/couple stops higher on the flash...?

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some photos from current little exploration

Hand held night shot, no bitching about blurriness I had no tripod, left it back at the hotel

Sunset over Hong Kong International Ferry Terminal

I got no spare time on my hands but I have a few good shots, i'll try and get to uploading some when I can

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
This is directed at no-one in particular, but exposure is such an important thing in photography. Sure, people run different monitors, but a properly exposed image should look awesome one anyone's monitor, and I think it's one of the things many photographers never quite learn. So, if you're wondering why your images are looking a little boring, try adjusting the curves incrementally as you edit, and see how it looks over time...

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
Nice Andrew, though, in my opinion it's a bit under exposed, and the models boobs aren't big enough. I think i'd like to see this same shot, but late afternoon with maybe couple stops down on the aperture/couple stops higher on the flash...?

Cheers dude. Yeah I hear what your saying, and it's something i'll bear in mind for next time. Was trying to maintain a sort of mysterious feel to it, but theres a difference between that and underexposure.

and the models boobs aren't big enough.
You'll be surprised what the model is packing underneath that shirt, they've been referred to as Canons.

Is there something going on here 'cos the last three images by you have been of him :p

Nothing committed at least...

Which reminds me, i'm putting something in the post for you today.

Last edited: