The Photo Snob Thread

tre0001

Likes Dirt
Who's had stuff printed recently? I'm thinking about getting some prints, a few smaller ones for someone else, and maybe a couple of the rally images as bigger prints. I've heard good things about these guys; any other suggestions?
http://www.digitalworks.net.au/owners/online.htm
ahh yes, thats your link.... great shop. Amazing service quick delivery. ;) get metallic prints for night shots ect. they did an amazing job with my prints which i had blown up to 20x30inch.

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some Images from Iceland, this place is awesome, wish I didn't have to leave so soon :(

And my attempt at the northern lights, I just can't seem to get it right, they aren't how I want them, but never the less they are certainly better than having nothing at all. Does anyone have any tips on shooting them?

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Nice Jase!

Colour of the Northern Lights probably comes down to your WB. Shoot in RAW + Auto WB so you can adjust it later, PP. Actual photo; use a long exposure at say f/11 or smaller.

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice Jase!

Colour of the Northern Lights probably comes down to your WB. Shoot in RAW + Auto WB so you can adjust it later, PP. Actual photo; use a long exposure at say f/11 or smaller.
I am doing pretty much exactly that haha, higher F stop actually causes the colour to go away atm most of those shots are 30 sec f/3.5 shot in raw with auto WB ISO between 100-400, just depends on where we were sitting. I tried shotting with f/1.8 but I just couldn't get it right, I shall have to have another go, because I have been told with F/1.8 you do 7 secs and the lights are much sharper.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
For anyone who cares: 12x18": $4 (2 or more).

Only until midnight October 1st. Actually, is that midnight in like an hour, or midnight tomorrow night? Midnights always confuse me...
God dammit Maverick! I want to get a whole bunch of shit blown up and it would've been sweet to have done it cheap.

Then again, I got 12x8" prints for $3.50 or so each at the Dick Smith in the city, which isn't too bad. I'll probably stick with there for my more minor print jobs.

wombat

Lives in a hole
God dammit Maverick! I want to get a whole bunch of shit blown up and it would've been sweet to have done it cheap.

Then again, I got 12x8" prints for $3.50 or so each at the Dick Smith in the city, which isn't too bad. I'll probably stick with there for my more minor print jobs.
Yeah, I wasn't planning on printing anything yet either, but I just put in an order (still uploading actually). The girl wanted some puppy pics for her and her Mum so I ordered those, and then I got a handful of the rally shots for myself, as much to try out the different paper stocks as anything else.
Didn't have time to soft proof with the printer profile though, so I'll just have to hope for the best there.

I don't think I'll get these until next Thursday though, as they only print metallic on Wednesdays, and I got one met to see what it looks like.

Now to take an image that I can print at 20x60" :)

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Some Images from Iceland, this place is awesome, wish I didn't have to leave so soon :(

**snip**
And my attempt at the northern lights, I just can't seem to get it right, they aren't how I want them, but never the less they are certainly better than having nothing at all. Does anyone have any tips on shooting them?
**snip**
Jason, these look great. Liking the HDR of the ship. The image doesn't look straight though. That 4x4 on the ice looks mad.
Are you on a school trip or something?

Sam.

Eats Squid
Digging into the archives here, from April last year when I was visiting a mate in Brisbane. This was edited amidst one o'clock in the morning boredom.
Taken with the 350d and 75-300. This is the only keeper of about 120 shots:p
Before:

After:

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
1st roll of film back, yay! Found it unused in the camera bag, would be at least 5 years old I think and they all came out fine. These are from Kiama, just went down for a couple of days with friends. Straight scans, 'cept the last one.

Horizon's a little crooked, but it's my favourite.

Trivia time, the girl on the right is the one mentioned in the "Women etc." thread.

Cropped, straightened, spot retouch to remove the top of the lamp post.

By the way Sam, I've got your threadless shirt sitting at my front door, come get it.

Last edited:

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jason, these look great. Liking the HDR of the ship. The image doesn't look straight though. That 4x4 on the ice looks mad.
Are you on a school trip or something?
A school trip pfft I wish someone else was paying hux! No i'm doing a bit of a tour of europe I decided it was more than past time i got out and about haha. I would say your probably right about straightness, it was about 0 deg C and i just wanted to take the shot and get back into warmth haha. 4wd was awesome I totally want an Icelandic 4wd haha.

Cheers for the feedback guys :)

'Ross

Eats Squid
Hello snobs,

This may be a bit of a dud question, but I need help with how to implement a watermark or little thing onto all my pictures.

Basically on another forum I upload hundreds of pictures onto a photobucket account and then post them up, I don't use photoshop or anything, just put them straight on there. I have a flickr but its only for my special photos:p

So I just want to be able to drag and drop my little logo onto all my pics (may need to be in different positions each time) Any idea how to do this quickly and easy? Is there a way to do this through photobucket? The other program I have at my disposal is the mighty MS Paint:cool: thanks