The Photo Snob Thread

wrongie

Likes Dirt
Sorry man, not digging the drop in opacity in the sequence at all. Looks really tacky. Try again mate - sequences are to show off the whole setup.

Colouring looks the goods though...

Oh, and get him to throw a corked 7. It'll make a nicer shot ;)

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Love the Ski shots. Love the continuous shooting function.

Shot this a while a go while trying to play with depth of feild. Also shot this in Manual for the first day so didn't turn out bad. He's a schnauzer, if you were wondering.

C&C Appreciated, Good and horrible.
Tom.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Sorry man, not digging the drop in opacity in the sequence at all. Looks really tacky. Try again mate - sequences are to show off the whole setup.

Colouring looks the goods though...

Oh, and get him to throw a corked 7. It'll make a nicer shot ;)
Fair enough. I wasn't so down on the sequence myself, but the single shot seemed a little centered.

Oh, and if I could throw a corked 7, I would've...;)

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Monday I went in to the city and took my 40D. Took some family snaps, but nothing exciting. While I was in there, I decided I wanted to get some comparison shots of the 2 lenses I am seriously looking at.
Tamron 28 - 75mm F2.8
Sigma 28 - 70mm F2.8
I also snapped a couple off with the Canon 28 - 70 F2.8 to compare the other 2.
I was in a hurry, so I couldn't set myself up properly so I just picked a shelf near the doorway. Here's what I snapped!
I am leaning towards the Siggy at this stage. The Tamron is smaller and goes up to 75mm. But the Siggy has wider glass.
Thoughts?

Note: I can't afford the Canon, for that price I can have a 70 - 200F2.8 as well.:D

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Maybe....I screwed up the Tamy and Siggy. So I could have done that by mistake too!:D
Talk to Ronny (aka Jonathon-red hair tied back in a pony tail) at Michaels. Great bloke.

The best ouf of those lenses, optically is the Canon model (that's a no-brainer really...also has the largest lens hood and 'L' ring for added wank).

I dare say you'll probably get better IQ and AF out of the Tamron but the build is definatly a let down (I thought). (Size is a plus though)

Which Sigma lens did you trial? The new HSM model or the older, larger version with the Push/Pull MF toggle? I actually went though the comparisons of those lenses for Nikon a while ago (before settling on a used 35-70 f/2.8...focal length isnt as good but its almost as good as the almost spiritually awesome Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8..plus it was cheap ;) )
I only tried the older Sigma and found it was pretty soft, wide open...a little disappointing as if you're buying a lens to use at f/2.8, you want it to actually work at f/2.8! Hoping Also, good luck with filters for the Sigma! 82mm!! AF is pretty quick though, for the screw drive but it is louder. HSM model would probably be even better.

Last edited:

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Talk to Ronny (aka Jonathon-red hair tied back in a pony tail) at Michaels. Great bloke.

The best ouf of those lenses, optically is the Canon model (that's a no-brainer really...also has the largest lens hood and 'L' ring for added wank).

I dare say you'll probably get better IQ and AF out of the Tamron but the build is definatly a let down (I thought). (Size is a plus though)

Which Sigma lens did you trial? The new HSM model or the older, larger version with the Push/Pull MF toggle? I actually went though the comparisons of those lenses for Nikon a while ago (before settling on a used 35-70 f/2.8...focal length isnt as good but its almost as good as the almost spiritually awesome Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8..plus it was cheap ;) )
I only tried the older Sigma and found it was pretty soft, wide open...a little disappointing as if you're buying a lens to use at f/2.8, you want it to actually work at f/2.8! Hoping Also, good luck with filters for the Sigma! 82mm!! AF is pretty quick though, for the screw drive but it is louder. HSM model would probably be even better.
Yeah, it was the new HSM model.

Are you saying that the Tamron being small is a bonus? Obviously carrying it around would be, but from a glass point of view?

wazza2282

Likes Dirt
hey guys,
let me know what you think of these 2 pics.

good and bad comments, and where can i go better.

In the Daytime.

At night

i have resized both images, so some detail may have been lossed :(

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Yeah, it was the new HSM model.

Are you saying that the Tamron being small is a bonus? Obviously carrying it around would be, but from a glass point of view?
Mainly from a carrying point of view. Being a walk around lens, I think that is a valid consideration.
(That said, compared to the Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8, anything is lighter)

hubbie

Forever 1,337
hey guys,
let me know what you think of these 2 pics.

good and bad comments, and where can i go better.

In the Daytime.
At night

i have resized both images, so some detail may have been lossed :(
Was about to ask if that was Mona, then saw the filenames. Nice.