The Photo Snob Thread

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Needs another light camera left, needs less ambient, needs a lower perspective. But for the most part you've done pretty well limiting the reflections which should be an easy clone tool job away from non-existent, but a CPL would help with the window reflections.

trt-reece

Likes Dirt
So I have found these last couple of weeks difficult to concentrate on studying, and since final exams are getting closer, I decided to avoid procrastination.. and make a camera bag.

Yep, spent a day on the project, it's not finished yet, but is in a working condition. For anyone interested, the whole thing cost me about $30 so far (Could have been cheaper). I have ideas of removable dividers, but I think those will have to wait until my finals are finished.

Anyway, without further adieu, my "recent acquisition"
(Would be a good chance to try my hand at product shots, but don't have the time or space to set it up at the mo.)

What do you guys think?

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Needs another light camera left, needs less ambient, needs a lower perspective. But for the most part you've done pretty well limiting the reflections which should be an easy clone tool job away from non-existent, but a CPL would help with the window reflections.
It was going to be difficult to not get any reflections as the trees were overhanging. What is CPL?

Just another one:

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
My search for the Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 HSM continues but today on my lunch, stopped into Camera House Elizabeth street just to see if they had it and the fella (an old bloke by the name of Bill) began his sales speil about the Nikkor equivallent. Might I add, he wasn't far wrong. That lens sits a full sholder above the Sigma in most respects. That said, most of my research has been sorrounding the 2nd gen non HSM model (with the 'pump action' AF/MF toggle) which seems to be a modest lens (but arn't they always?), since the HSM has only been released recently.

While I really only got a 20min trial, even though the LCD, sharpness didnt drop off at the tele end like it did on the Sig and honestly, if you're going to pay that much for a lens, the main idea is that you want to shoot good pics at f/2.8. (This probably makes for my biggest justification of the Nikon lens) Sig still good but I just need to get my hands on the HSM model!

Price wise, still worth my left kidney though I was suprised in that is is the same as DCW...if not cheaper. But heck, it was a beautiful lens.

The Tamron 28-whatever didn't even come into the equation.

Also, for the Nikon peeps out there, there is now a 10-24 DX format lens (um...f/3.5-5.6?). RRP is around $1700 or so. Well, I was excited by it anyways.

Last edited:

alexx23

Likes Dirt
another stupid noob Q'.

how do i get my flickr link to appear like some of you peoples sigs just saying flickr? i have looked and looked , can work it out..

thanks.

also one form the other day when i was stuck inside due to Tasmanian whether..

alexx23

Likes Dirt
I was trying to get it to work on myspace.

Yeah i know myspace sucks, but everyone can get there pictures of there and i hate up loading them to myspace cause it eats the picture.. so that's probably why it wouldn't work?

thanks for this mate.

Drew.

Eats Squid
Man, nice find. After my trip to Indonesia, one of the accessories on the top of my 'To Purchase' list is an underwater housing...the waves over there are incredible and inspiring, and looking at shots like these by Clark Little is also inspiring. I really want to get heavily into it.
I was close to buying underwater housing as i've got a bit of travelling coming up in the near future. But fuck, I can't justify spending around the same/more money on housing than I did the actual camera! Shit is exp-annnsive.

Clark Littles' portfolio is amazing.

alexx23

Likes Dirt
Thanks for you help saMfish, worked it out!

Few form yesterday, id really like another speed light..

pick at them if you like,
thankss.

willy_c

Likes Dirt
Hi again all,

Got some more gear coming up for sale if anyone interested.

- Canon 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L amazing lens, retailing through canon for over $3600, would like anything over $2500

- Canon fisheye, enough said, make an offer

- To those talking of underwater housings etc I have one from some scuba diving / surfing I did a few years back, not sure what size camera it fits but I used it with a canon eos 3. Might fit some digi cameras. Would be willing to let it go for around $500 (I know it cost me a fortune). Not sure what port it has though (probably a fisheye and 100mm).

- Will also be selling possibly a canon 16-35mm f/2.8L II aswell. Looking for around the $2k mark

Cheers All

wrongie

Likes Dirt
Canon 450D

Lads...

Basment bargain prices for the 450D now. $640 plus postage. Absolute steal. Pretty much brand spankin.

Let all the peeps know about it. Want it sold by next week.

Email me at dan AT dan peters DOT com DOT au or buzz me on 0411 669 650

couple of pics:

Piece out.