The Photo Snob Thread

Sam.

Eats Squid
I think the point people are loosely making is... why have the flash firing at you? You're going to be illuminating the wrong side of everything anyway... You could create the dramatic shadows with the flash out of frame.
I actually found that having the flash there helped illuminate him a fair bit better. Its quite deceptive too, the flash isnt actually behind him, if it were the rider would be "glowing", its actually infront and to the left of him. The shot was also @ 10mm and the way I had it set up (so that it would appear to be very dark, almost like night) it was impossible to frame the shot without having the flash in the frame.

Ah well, you cant please everyone, this is something Im learning more and more as I continue to take photos.

trt-reece

Likes Dirt
Oh yeah, I finally got all my new kit.
I haven't had a chance to do any real shooting, but I was walking around tonight and found some leftover artwork on the ground.

I know it's not the best shot, I'm still getting the hang of the 40D, and I didn't really tweak the settings for the shot, but yeah, it's a more interesting test shot than a flower.

Thoughts?

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just wondering if there was any way to get a Flickr account without having to get a Yahoo email adress? I'm so over PhotoBucket,

tu plang

knob
I actually found that having the flash there helped illuminate him a fair bit better. Its quite deceptive too, the flash isnt actually behind him, if it were the rider would be "glowing", its actually infront and to the left of him. The shot was also @ 10mm and the way I had it set up (so that it would appear to be very dark, almost like night) it was impossible to frame the shot without having the flash in the frame.

Ah well, you cant please everyone, this is something Im learning more and more as I continue to take photos.
Hmmm that explains it then. I like the photos (i should have mentioned that first :p) but it just seems like an odd place to put the flash.

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just wondering if there was any way to get a Flickr account without having to get a Yahoo email adress? I'm so over PhotoBucket,
It's owned by Yahoo. So no.

Anyone heard from Tristan?

He said he might stop by on the 20th.. but never showed/called. Hope customs havn't got him..

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Just got given this by my old man, any thoughts on it?
It's a camera mate. You take pictures with it ;)

Actually, question time. I have a cheapy Hoya Skylight on the end of my Sig 10-20. Often, I'm getting a little lens flare though it and I wonder if it is just the nature of wide angle lenses or the cheap filter element?

Last edited:

syko

Likes Dirt
It's owned by Yahoo. So no.

Anyone heard from Tristan?

He said he might stop by on the 20th.. but never showed/called. Hope customs havn't got him..
I think he is dead.

Sam I love it! Probably the best from you ever! Closely followed by IMG_0046_0048_fixeded2 on flickr.

saMfish

Likes Dirt
Yeah thanks heaps Ben, super stoked about them. Should get out to re-shoot at the same location (different riders maybe) in the next week or so, so I'll have to scout some new uber angles and stuff. <3

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com

Sam.

Eats Squid
Hux, I'm actually in the process of building a html site, at the moment I have access to the creon systems server and once I have finished the html site, I will buy a domain:)